Chapter 4: One Step Ahead

Chip's POV

Chip pulled hard on the cuffs once he heard Skyler's whimper before her body landed on the ground with a thump. He cursed as he started to kick at the table, pulling harder and harder at the cuffs until he heard someone laugh darkly. He stopped, his chest rising fast as he looked around the dark room, trying to figure out where the laugh was coming from.

"Oh, Ayden, you think you're the Hulk and that you can just break through those cuffs, so funny." The voice said coming from every direction.

"Show yourself!" He yelled, giving yet another hard pull on the cuffs, only making them dig into his skin.

Whoever they were, they just laughed and Chip swallowed. That was when he felt something touch him and he went to spin around but whoever it was grabbed him and slammed him face first onto the table, making his nose started to bleed.

"This is DeadLock, I have the target, bring in the supplies." The voice said before they set the walkie talkie off to the side and pushed his face harder into the medal table.

"On my way." A female voice came through, but Chip couldn't figure out who it was.

That was when something that was locked around his stomach, making him let out a groan and try to move, but whatever the person locked around his stomach tight had something connected to it was being locked around his knees, making them being pinned together. Chip was now having a hard time breathing.

He heard something heavy being dropped and whoever had him pinned to the table pushed harder so he couldn't see. He heard something shuffling before another set of gloved hands grabbed him.

"Unlock the cuffs and move them to the back." The man's voice said and the person with the gloved hands lifted him up a little just for the person to quickly unlock his cuffs, but they gave him no chance to move them as they grabbed his wrist and pulled them tightly behind his back. Chip felt the cuff being woven through his prison jumpsuit before his free wrist was locked tightly into the cuff.

"Hurry and get the muzzle, I don't know how much longer we have." The male voice said as they grabbed his collar and pulled him up, the person's hand reaching out and grabbing Chip's chin, not letting him turn his head away.

Chip just watched as what he thought was the girl pulled out something from a bag and walked over to him, and when Chip saw what was in her hands, he flipped out and started to struggle and yell.

"Someone help! Someone pl-"His call for help was cut off to a strong leather being placed over his face, forcing his jaw shut painfully.

The person quickly made Chip go flat onto the ground, digging his knee into his back as he tightened the straps to the muzzle, making it wrap and lock tightly around his head. Chip let out muffed yells, but it was hopeless, the more he tried, the tighter the straps were pulled, one strap being tightened so much that it made it impossible for him to move his jaw. Moving his eyes, Chip saw Skyler's unconscious body across the ground, her hair covering most of her face as her chest went up and down slowly. He just blinked wishing he could yell for her to wake up, but he knew it was pointless. Chip felt the hands pull him to his knees and he met eyes with the lady's, her blue eyes sparkling in the darkness.

"Ayden Hill." She said, meeting his eyes and Chip just wished he could spit in her face.

"I'm sorry that you have to be restrained like this, but we can't have you hurting any of my people." She said, reaching across and grabbing the leather that ran over his chin and lifting his chin up a little.