Chapter 30: Angle with a shotgun

A/N: Hey everyone. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I really want to know from more people what they thought about the chapter so if you could please comment and tell me what you thought or what your favorite part was, that would be fabulous! Thanks! angry

_____________________________________________

Letting out an easy breath through my mouth, I could only follow the small puff of white that came from my mouth, floating in the cold air around me. The rain fall had stopped, but the dark clouds still filled up the sky, leaving outside looking dark and miserable. Shivering lightly, I brought my arms in and hugs myself as I walked towards the barn, Maddox only a few steps ahead of me, his blond hair wild compared to most times, his black boats leaving his foot prints as he made his way towards the barn. I know for sure many would be booking it to get free, but honestly, Maddox could most likely outrun me, and I don't think I could last a day out in the woods, I have no idea where the heck I am.

"Alright." Maddox said, his voice sounding softer than it normally did as he pull the large door open, the black dress shirt's sleeves rolled up past his elbows as the door opened fully.

Just before moving in behind Maddox, I notice that from the corner of my eye, something moved high in a tree. I turned my head, looking towards the tree and I narrowed my eyes, not seeing anything out of place. Shrugging it off, I entered into the barn, only to stop in my tracks, gaping at was around me, my eyes looking over the barn, before I felt something breathing on me. Turning my head, I swallowed deeply as I took a few steps back, looking at the large creature that stood before me, it's rich brown eyes looking at me with curiosity.

"You look like you've never seen a horse." Maddox joked, walking up to the horse and placing his hand lightly on it, putting its head out more, it's mane falling past its left eye.

"Hill has a horse?" I said, looking at the creature like it was some ghost as Maddox only laughed.

"Correction, three horses, this one just the nicest." He said, turning his head towards the other direction, my eyes following his direction, seeing what appeared to be the side of another horse.

"But why you are in here is because you are going to clean Red here, not ride him, and get him back into his stall safely within the next 3 hours." He said, removing his hand from Red and walking over to a shelf, grabbing at a black halter before grabbing some black reins, placing them in my hands.

"Good luck and have fun, I'll send someone out to check on you and Red." He said, giving a nod before walking out of the barn, Red turned his head towards me, his left ear lightly lower than the right as he looked at me.

"What you looking at?" I mumbled, walking over to the stall and setting the objects on the shelf next to the door. I didn't care that I was talking to a horse, it was the only thing in this place that looked nice, and that it couldn't say anything back to me.

Looking over the stall door, I notice a key panel, a green light on. I looked around, thinking that Maddox may be watching me or laughing at how stupid I looked as I slowly pulled the door open, seeing the light go from green to red.

Red slowly pulled his head back, backing up as I slipped into his stall, his ears twitching in a very strange way as he swung his head side to side, his long tail swinging against the side of the stall. But as I looked at Red, something came over me, my heart beating faster as I slowly backed up, grabbing at the reins, the feeling of the leather rubbing against my skin as I slowly moved back towards Red, his calm eyes following me slowly as I got to his side, getting the reins on quiet easy compared to how I have seen it go done on Tv. I placed my hand on the part of Red's neck, feeling his coat twitch at my touch, his nostrils moving like fire was going to come out. If Hill just thought that I wouldn't try anything, be a good little slave and do all his orders, he was deeply wrong, even if what was going to happen next killed me, I didn't care, not any more.