Chapter 8: Setting the fire

Both Heath and I looked at Sean like he had spoken French as he explained to us what we might be able to do to find DeadLock. I sat on the nearest table, watching as Heath sat in a spiny chair, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at Sean, his eyes moving to meet mine before he looked away. Sean and Heath had been given clothes to change into, instead of those blinding orange jumpsuits. He let out a sigh as he rubbed his forehead.

"What Sean is trying to say is that there is a ball that takes place every year. It's a large thing to where the best masters, and best sl-I mean servants are to be sold. It's a lucky chance if you are asked to show up and if this so called DeadLock person took Chip, I'm guessing he's being paid some big bucks. No one from what I know as ever, tried to lay a finger on him." Mason said taping his foot and ducking as a pencil went flying past his head from Sean.

"So, where are you trying to take this?" Heath said, as Mason shot Sean a nasty look.

"What we're trying to say is that we're going to send you in as new coming masters." Sean said, beating Mason to it.

Both Heath and I looked at each other. "And how are we to do that when some masters there might know our faces.." Heath said watching as Mason rubbed his forehead.

"Everyone wears masks, that is why we requested for some, and we also got you're clothes coming in so- cheers." Mason said looking at me.

"What about our names?" I asked and Mason just smiled, spinning around in the chair, his fingers on the keyboard in a heartbeat, his ankle connecting with the table making him wince a little as he pulled something up. He was so zoned in that he jumped as the door to the room opened, Agent Wolfe stepping in with a small box on top of a large box. "Sean." He called and Sean looked up as Agent Wolfe dropped the boxes onto the table. "I hope you're fine with these." He said as Sean touched the box, opening the small one, his little grin growing larger. "Thank you, dear sir." He said closing it so Heath and I didn't see a thing.

Mason snapped our attention back towards him. "This is also a little trick." he said, moving out of the way to show two names on the screen.

"Skyler, you're fake name is Ilsa Sandoy and Heath, you are Erich Brenner." He said and Heath made a face.

"Erich? Really?" He said and Mason just shrugged. "I can give you a name that would make everyone die laughing." He said and Heath mumbled something at him.

That was when my attention was turned towards Agent Wolfe, who dropped a file onto the table. Heath and I looked at him as he rubbed his chin. "I have some good news and some bad." He said and I was already not ready.

He swallowed as he opened the file, looking at me. "We got a clue on who DeadLock may go by. We think his name is Donavan Day." He said and I saw both Mason and Sean go pale.

"Who is Donavan Day?" I said and I saw Sean rub his neck, staying silent.

"Sean." I said, giving him a glare.

He swallowed. "He's a slave hunter. But sometimes, depending on his mood, he'll hunt someone down for a master for a bigger price. He's someone who's not afraid to get his hands covered in blood." Sean said looking down.

"But why Chip?" I said.

Both Mason and Sean looked at each other. "One of the masters musted of wanted him bad. So bad, that was he hacked the building and ripped him from you. I'm pretty sure he's being tortured, or wishing he was dead." Mason said and I blinked.

"Tortured?"

Mason nodded. "Yes, he's known for torturing people to get information. But, yet I could be wrong and Chip could be torturing Dovavan." Mason said trying to light up the mood.

I just shook my head. "This is bad, this is bad." I said rubbing my forehead.

"If we can find him somehow at the ball, I'll be happy to show him who's boss." Heath growled and Sean spoke up.

"No offense, Heath, but Donavan is the last soul you would want to say that too, he can do things that haunt my dreams every day." he said pulling out some things in the box and I swallowed.

"How will we know if we run into him?" I asked.

"One: He's dragging a Chip around with him. Two: he makes you feel like an ant." Mason said and I huffed looking at the ground.

I didn't know what to do. Face a demon who might just end me or put my life on the end and risk being seen by a master to save Chip. Looking at Heath, he smiled a little and I looked over at Agent Wolfe, letting the words come one.

"Let's bring the fire."