Chapter 38: Little Voice of an Angel

"Please!" Ryan Hill's cries for mercy could be heard.

"Where is my daughter, Hill?!" Deadlock's voice growled as the sound of a gun being loaded filled the speakers.

A whimper was heard as the sound of glass broke before Hill's voice whimpered. "Please Donavan, I only did what was I ordered to do! You would understand! I didn't want to hurt your wife but she ordered me to!" He yelled the last few words as his voice seem to shake with fear

"Who ordered you to?" His voice didn't even break down to the pleading of Ryan Hill.

"Your Boss, she was looking into all your files, the cases that you talked about specially. She wanted you as a champion, her champion. I didn't want to but with a gun pointed to your head, wouldn't you of done the same thing? Please Donavan, I have people I care for, my sons-" Mr. Hill's begging was cut short with Donavan's voice.

"Don't lie to me Ryan. You don't care for one of your boys. The first time I meet you you spat at Ayden like he was trash that won't fit in the garbage. How could you hate something so much that was made because of you?"

It seemed things were calming down before Hill's voice let out a loud cry, the sound of wood breaking before grunting could be heard.

"Don't test me Ryan! I can put a bullet into your head before you could even blink!" Donavan yelled as it sounded like he hit a wall.

A light chuckled filled the speakers as Hill spoke. "Then do it Donavan, kill me. It's what she made you into anyways. Even if you were to find your daughter, I'm sure she won't want to see who her daddy has become. A killer." His voice filled with venom and in seconds a gunshot cut all sound off before Donavan spoke again.

"I may be a killer but I would never hurt my daughter." His voice fell slightly as the sound of boots crushing glass before everything went dead.

No hints, no clues, nothing was given where Donavan's daughter may be. Skyler had listened to the recorder that was found in Donavan's pocket more than three times and she still jumped every time the bullet went off.

Reaching out her hand, she slowly closed her lap top, resting her chin on her hands as she looked at her bedroom wall blankly. She had returned home after meeting with Donavan and had gone through more than eight websites of fostering homes for kids. It was a lot harder when trying to find a six year old when all you have is a picture of her when she was just a year old.

Letting out a sigh, she grabbed at the picture Donavan had given her, the large blue eyed baby looking at her. It was clear that she had black hair but Skyler didn't know where to start. Many of the six year old girls she had looked at her were all blonde.

"Where are you Mila?" She asked softly as she ran her finger over the photo.