Chapter 14: Voicemail

I stood on the small porch, watching as the cat played with a bug, keeping it from crawling into the safety of the grass, meowing every five minutes, it's little bob tail moving. Agent Wolfe had told me to stand outside well they scanned for finger prints, leaving me in charge of watching Tuna, who looked to be having fun with the bug he was playful playing with. With my arms hugging my chest, I looked at who I guessed was Will's neighbor, who was dressed in her full out nightgown, her gray hair everywhere.

"I didn't hear one word, I just saw that his kitchen light was on and I know Will would never leave his lights on like that so when I went to peek through the window, I saw all the broken glass so I called the cops." She said shrugging, the officer just nodding his head. The officer said something to her before he turn around and walked away, leaving the lady to play with her fingers. I was pulled from looking at the lady when Agent Wolfe cleared his throat, making me jump.

He smiled. "Didn't mean to scare you." He said, pulling off his white gloves, grabbing the zip block bag he had set by the door. When he lifted it up, my brow raising. "Is that his cell?" I asked, seeing that it was cracked almost all over the screen, meaning the person must of thought they were going to be able to break it. Agent Wolfe nodded slowly.

"Does it still work?" I asked as he looked at the phone, the back of it falling off.

"I turned it on inside, looked like Will was just about to send a text to someone when he must of been jumped, but he put up one good fight, found a kitchen knife having blood on it and I'm having it being tested to see who it belongs to." He said looking as the cat came up to me and started to rub up against my leg, purring.

"Still can't figure out why the cat was in the microwave though, must of gotten in the way or something." He said, squatting down and rubbing the back of Tuna's left ear.

I just smiled as Tuna purred more, his eyes closed as he tripped over my shoe but he caught himself.

"I'm going to send some officers with you for the rest of the night just-" Agent Wolfe started to say but I interpreted him.

"My family and I are going to be fine, with my dad being home, no one will make into our bedrooms without him knowing." I said, picking up Tuna who just rested his chin on my elbow.

Agent Wolfe let out a sigh, knowing that there was no way he would be able to change my mind. "Fine, just call me if anything feels wrong. I'm going to start calling in officers to be placed at everyones houses just to be safe. Do you need a ride home?" He asked, tugging on his shirt, I smiled but took a step back. "No thanks, I know my way from here. Bye." I called out as I ducked under the tape, heading home with Tuna.

Deadlock's POV

Deadlock hissed as he wrapped up the stab wound the slave had given him before they were able to knock him out. He was now happy that the boss had given him the other three men, if not, he was sure the slave would of taken him out with one punch. Knoting it, he pulled his blood covered sleeve over his wounded arm, moving it in a circle to get the feeling back, his nose itchy. Bloody cat, why, out of all the things, did it have to be a stupid bloody cat? He growled, remembering how much he had sneezed because of the cat. Moving his eyes, he looked at the slave who was lying on the van floor, his arms and ankles locked with two zip ties on each, a folded shirt pressed into his mouth, keeping him from sharing any words when he woke up.