Chapter 23: Hope

Deadlock's POV

Tapping his fingers on the side of the car, he watched ahead as a set of car lights slowly started to get closer, hearing Calum shuffle around in the back, trying to get the servants ready. Everything was going to return to normal after this. He would be free of the troubled things and be able to start looking at clues again. He knew he was close, it was the matter of finding something to tell him who would of dared to kill his wife. Standing up straight, he watched as the car came to a slow and quiet stop, the lights remaining on as the door to the passenger seat opening, a hand grabbing at the top of the car door as two feet lightly touched the ground, the person stepping out.

It was Mr. Hill, his hair dark brown hair flipped to the left. For a man his age, he still had a good head full of hair. His hands reached up and grabbed at the tips of his collared shirt, shifting it around, fixing his tie in place to make sure it remained perfect, a smile of pure evil across his lips.

"Mr. Day!" He called out, stepping in front of his car, the headlights flashing around his body, making him look like a dark shadow, his eyes dancing in the dark.

Deadlock took a step forward, watching as Mr. Hill's body guards stepped out of the car, one holding a brief case. Deadlock made a faint whistle, Coin and Jariah stepping out from the sides of the car. He wasn't going to take any chances. He had heard of Mr. Hill tricking people, but he wasn't going to be tricked, if Mr. Hill wanted to play games, then he would get a game to play, a painful one.

"It's good to see you that you live up to your word. How are my slaves doing?" Mr. Hill chuckled, Deadlock kept his face serious.

"They're fine. What about my money?" He asked, taking a step forward, looking over at Coin and nodding at him, Coin nodding back before he walked to the back of the car.

Mr. Hill smiled, crossing his arms over his chest and giving a nod. The guard holding the briefcase walked forward, slowly opening the case, a smile crawling across Deadlock's lips when he saw the money, an orange folder sitting at the top of it. Deadlock slowly took a step forward, the light from the car shinning on his body. He furrowed his eyes, looking at Mr. Hill who chuckled.

"Your boss told me about a little thing that you have been trying to solve, and well, I took the time to get some stuff for you, it's just a little hint but it could lead you to being closer." He said, seeing Deadlock's body shift in a strange way. "And you'll get the money, along with the folder, when you give me my slaves that you were so kind to catch." Mr. Hill said, the guard slamming the briefcase shut, Deadlock moved his eyes over to Mr. Hill.

"Now, bring me my slaves." He said and Deadlock looked over at Jariah, who lowered his head. Deadlock let a whistle out, stepping to the side a little, looking towards the back of the car, seeing two shadows start to appear, before Coin came into better view, guiding a blindfolded and gagged Will, who was using his feet trying to make sure he didn't trip. Coin had one hand holding Will's shoulder, the other holding his bind hands.

Slowly, Mr. Hill took a step forward, watching as Will kept his head down, letting Coin guide him, Deadlock watched him drag his feet in the hard dirt below. "He looks like he ran into a bear." Mr. Hill said, seeing the cuts and scars that were on his face. Deadlock wondered what he was going to say when he had yet to look at the nasty black eye the servant had.

Deadlock just shook his head, watching as Mr. Hill's guard took Will from Coin, Will let out a muffled word, trying to get the blindfold off his eyes as the guard dragged him over to the car, before opening it and setting him in. Mr. Hill smiled, before taking a step forward, his eyes locking on Deadlock as Dealock looked back at him, taking a few steps back.