Chapter 18: You were smart not to

Deadlock's POV

Deadlock watched as the boy was taken upstairs. Shaking his head, he followed behind them, phone in hand as they took him into a guest room, putting his body on the bed, he used for slaves that were code reds or just too much of a pain to take downstairs. Handcuffs already attached to the bed. Looking at the boy as Jariah and Calum locked his wrists into the cuffs, he pulled out his phone and hit his speed dial, turning the sound on so everyone could hear. It rang twice before someone picked up, a female voice coming through.

"This is Dr. Williams." The voice spoke, Jariah looking up.

"Yolanda, it's me." He said, looking as Jariah pulled a strap over his knees, making sure it wasn't too tight, only so that he wouldn't be able to kick.

There was a long pause before she spoke up. "I saw your girl a little ago, did you want to talk about her?" Her voice said as Deadlock could tell she was going through papers.

"No, I need you to come to my place." He said, hearing the sound of the moving papers stop.

"Donavan, I have six opponents in the next two hours. I have no time to come to your place." Her voice fired back.

Deadlock growled. "It has to do with a slave." He said, glancing at the boy before he looked away, waiting for her to answer.

"How bad?" She said, and Deadlock just shock his head.

"Hives on the stomach, arms and a little on the legs, his breathing has decreased and he's a living fire at the moment." He said.

"Name?" She asked and Deadlock rolled his eyes.

"No idea." He growled.

She just made a frustrating sigh. "Age?"

"15 years old." Deadlock said, listening as what sounded too, like her writing something up.

"Alright, I'll be there in a few, get wet hot clothes and place them over his body and have someone draw his blood." She said and before Deadlock could say one thing, the line went dead and he just shook his head as he hung up, looking to see that the boy's hair sticking to his wet forehead, his chest rising slowly.

Walking over to him, he placed his hand on the boy's forehead before pulling it back. He was like a living person on fire. Biting his tongue, he looked over his body, seeing the large hives that covered him, some looking so bad Deadlock thought he was going to lose his breakfast. That was when he remembered what Dr. Williams had said, if she had already seen the girl, that meant his boss was going to be here soon. Rubbing his forehead, he sat down next to the boy, waiting for Dr. Williams to show up.

Skyler's POV

I just watched as Will let out muffled pretest, kicking his legs out and trying to push off the wall to knock the table over but it only made his wrists bleed more. After one last try, he gave up as his body slowly rocked back and forth, heavy breathing coming through his nose. I just moved my legs up, leaning my head against the pole, looking at the blank ceiling above me. I slowly sat up when I heard someone talking, I looked at Will who looked at me before he looked towards the stairs. Before I could hear anything else, I saw who I guess was Coin came rushing down the stairs, looking between Will and me before he pulled up a chair and stood up on it, grabbing at Will's wrists to stop his moving body. Will just shook his head.

"Hu!" He yelled and Coin grabbed at his shoulders, making his body stop.

"Listen to me buddy, stop moving. We're going to have a doctor check both of you out so I'm going to move you next to your friend, just please don't try anything." He said and Will looked over at me why I looked at him. Will slowly nodded his head and Coin reached up, getting the shackles off, and I soon saw what Will was going to do, as soon as Coin got both of his wrists free, he grabbed them and was just about to force them behind Will's back when Will twisted his wrists free, sending a hard punch to his temple that made Coin lose his balance and fall backward, smashing into the table. Will pulled the tape off and made his way towards me, but I shook my head at him, kicking my feet out at him, telling him to go.

"Gu! Gu!" I yelled, Will taking a step back.

"I'll come back, I promise!" He said, looking over at Coin who let out a groan, his legs moving.

Looking at me one last time, he took off running for the stairs, before I couldn't see him anymore. I looked over towards the dazed Coin who used the wall as he tried to stand up, one hand placed on his head as he stumbled around.

"Deadlock!" He yelled out, leaning against the wall.

I swallowed as I heard feet came pounding down the stairs, a few curse words taking place before Deadlock looked towards me for a second before he reached into his pocket and pulled out a black walkie talkie.

"Jariah, how far you from the house?" He asked as he kept a hand on Coin.

Jariah's voice broke through the line. "Not too far. Why?"

"The man got away, I want you to find him before he finds any help, shot him if you must." He said, my eyes going wide.

"Alright, did the girl get free?" He asked.

Deadlock looked towards me, his eyes burning into mine. "No, she's still here, just find him." He said before he let go of the button, helping Coin sit up against the wall.

"Calum! Check Coin here, he looks like he's seeing stars." He said and I saw Calum come down the stairs, his eyes going wide at the sight of what was happening.

"What-" Deadlock cut him off.

"I'll tell you later, make sure Coin is okay, why I take Ms. Oaks here upstairs." He said making a beeline towards me and I just looked at him as he got closer. He just shook his head as he grabbed my wrists, keeping a good hold on them why he unlocked one cuff, having me stand up, he locked it back onto my wrists, leading me towards the stairs.

I just walked, keeping my head lowered as he led me towards the stairs. I saw that the back door to the house was opened and I wanted to scream to tell Will to watch for Jariah but I know that would get me to end up seeing stars so I kept quiet as I got up the stairs, Deadlock pushing a door open, showing my brother lying on a bed, a cloth over his forehead. Deadlock forced me over to a chair next to the bed, unlocking my hands and bring them behind the chair where he locked them to the chair, pulling the gag from my mouth.

"I have no idea why you didn't try to run with your buddy, but you were smart not to or your brother here would be in a grave." He said, his dark eyes glaring at me. I swallowed.

"Why-why are you doing this?" I said, looking over at Noah, only to look back at Deadlock to see him chuckle before he stood up.

"We all have reasons, mines just a little too emotional to tell. So sit here, stay quiet and don't make a peep or you're not going to like what happens next." He said and I nodded, watching him look at Noah before he turned around and left, leaving me to fight back the tears.