Colonist Slot 2: Anna Benedykta

Name: Anna Benedykta

Age: Thirty-seven

Gender: Female

Nation of Origin: Poland

Position: Astronomer specializing in analysis of foreign matter.

Appearance: Standing at a respectable height of 5'6" has always been something she has found pride in, especially since her Polish roots don't often make very lanky figures. Blue eyes are hidden behind glasses used for far-sightedness, and as such she often keeps them hidden away unless she needs to look at her papers. Her clothing style is simple, only a few clothes in her closet, and she often sports a patterned shirt and a pair of pants, often donning a simple science-frock overtop. She walks with a brisk pace, noted as it always seems like she is in a hurry. Her face is oval and pale, and her hair is cut short above her shoulders and is just slightly dyed to a shade of light brown. She has a nervous smile, but is always one to laugh.

Personality: Anna is a contradictory person. On one hand, she adores her work and colleagues, finding excitement in working with others, while on the other she often finds herself doubting her research and worrying of the general opinion she gives off. Always a nervous person, her demeanor certainly shows that, but she is often described as 'quiet', an accurate description for someone who would much rather work on her theories and analysis alone than to be interrupted. However, her subjects of interests fascinate her, and she relishes in conversing about such topics, like the recent discovery of foreign matter that was beamed from what physicists believe was a collapse of a supermassive star, or of the biological magnetism found in crustaceans and other earth-inhabiting creatures. Regardless, though, Anna is loyal to her colleagues and her theories. She has a quick wit and intelligence, and a sense of dry humour that can only be used in front of those she knows. She's always striving for excellence, trying to achieve greatness in a world otherwise marked by insignificance.

Token: Her field notebook, red, which holds her scribbles from past years.

Other: She achieved her PhD in Astronomy from the University of Oxford.