Task Four: Fomoire

Listen close, now, and hear of the forever-foes of the Tuath Dé.

They were named the Fomoire, the nether demons, and they were the first race to invade Ériu when it was green, new, and empty. Their forms were myriad; though some were hideous, others were lovely beyond belief. They inhabited Ériu for years before the first men set foot on the island, and they hated those that would steal it from them. 

Simple words cannot name their feelings toward the Tuath Dé; as with the Asgardians and the Jötnar in the north, they battled, married, loved, and hated each other all at once. More than that, despite all their best efforts, neither race could escape the other- despite how much they might both might desire it...

Captain's Log. Date: 30.14.19.10.2150

The final tallies are in: 47 colonists are staying in Eden, 45 have left with Thalita, and two, Audrey Williams and Zhang Mai, are unaccounted for. I sent two of my officers to find them, but so far no one has even caught sight of them. 

I feel like screaming with frustration, but now more than ever I must keep up a calm, strong appearance. Two of my soldiers, on my orders, are with Thalita's group now. The best I can do now is keep them safe until they come to their senses- and my subordinates will provide me with the information on the new colony. It's far from a perfect solution, but this is all I can do for now.

I thought the most challenging part of my job would have ended as soon as we made landfall. Perhaps I'm the biggest fool of them all.

In other news, last night perimeter alerts signaled around both my outpost and Eden. Whatever triggered them had disappeared before I caught sight of it, but O'Shea, the sentry that night, said she caught a flash of movement, but neither she nor the cameras were able to get a good look at the source. I have no idea whether Thalita's colony, Parthenos as she calls it, has seen it either; according to my soldiers, the good doctor has not made establishing a perimeter a priority. 

I worry about them. As supremely idiotic as this secession has been, I can't help but wonder if I could have done anything to change their minds, to steer them off this path. This is a brand new world, with brand new dangers that we can best survive together. 

Feh. And my mother says I don't know what it's like to have children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

- During this task, your tribute must interact with an animate alien organism (animate as in not a plant, unless it's an Ent-like thing.)

- Its appearance, abilities, location, and level of sentience are yours to decide, as are the circumstances under which you meet.

- That's all! Impress me with your creativity.

Deaths: Three ballot kills. Six tributes will be going up for votes this round. Four will be eliminated.

Due Date: Friday, March 25 at 10 PM EST