Task Five: The Four Treasures

The Tuath Dé were not forced to walk Ériu defenseless- they bore with them four artifacts of great power and magical worth. First was the Lia Fáil, the Stone of Destiny, which let out a great cry when the true king of Ériu stood upon it. The Spear of Lugh was invincible in battle, for none dared to raise their weapons against its might. The Sword of Nuada was equally potent; none could resist its magic and none could escape it once it left its sheath. Finally, the Cauldron of the Dagda had a strength outside of battle: even if every host of the Tuath Dé drew food or mead from its depths, it would never be emptied.

Captain's Log. Date: 1.22.27.10.2150

Another four colonists have gone missing. I smell a rat.

They were taken right out from under our noses, too- Lucien Monseigneur, the colony's counselor, disappeared from Eden along with Xander Gallus the trainer and Elliot Greendale, a musician. Parthenos took a loss as well; Tadgh, one of my more capable soldiers, vanished in the jungle. Though their losses were lighter, Thalita's lackluster security makes every trained personnel a thousand times more important. I fear for them, deep in the jungle where I can't protect them.

The motion sensors have continued to pick up activity around both Eden and my outpost. Reynolds in Parthenos reported visual contact last night, though whatever it was disappeared into the undergrowth before he could get a better look. I hope that Hai will keep his people safe in the coming days, and that Thalita will exercise some caution in exploring this planet- a fine balance must be kept between the potentially marvelous discoveries and the potentially lethal dangers.

Of course, I expect the actual results will involve Hai remaining obstinately draconian, and Thalita going to poke the tiger with a stick. But it's best to live in hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

-During this task, your tribute must find an alien artifact, material, or piece of technology. 

-This artifact can be anything you like- the only restriction is that some property of it must be very valuable.

-Your tribute must decide to take it to their respective leader, keep it for themselves, or leave it as is.

Kills: Two ballots. Four tributes will be going up for votes this round. Two will be eliminated.

Due Date: Friday, April 1 at 10 PM EST