Colonist Slot 11: Dana Brecht

Name: Dana Brecht

Age: 27

Gender: Female

Nation of Origin: Canada

Position: Educator

Appearance: Dana has tan skin from her Native American mother, although it is often confused for simply sun-kissed skin, and dark wavy hair that when let loose lays just above her shoulders in gentle layers. More often than not this hair is kept pulled back from her face in either a high ponytail or a bun, causing her to look older then her just out of school 27 years. Her eyes old her German heritage from her father, containing an odd mix of blue and olive, depending on the light one views her in. She is a curvy woman- accenting all the right places as she has been told, and stands at ~5'10, as a running joke with her sister- a woman never tells her real weight, however, her file says she is 178 pounds. Her heart shaped face can be both stern or kind depending on who she is speaking to, although as of late it has held a look of concern more often than not, causing the faint wrinkles in her forehead to stand more prominently out.

Personality: Dana is not a very social person, despite teaching children on a daily basis. Children she finds, are much easier to deal with then adults; at least a small child will tell you they dislike you. In her free time, she often devotes herself to reading various genres of books, both fiction and nonfiction, and the few people she is close to- adults that is- know better than to interrupt her hours long binge reading on her off days or weekends. With adults Dana actually has quite a temper, although she can never tell you exactly why she is losing her temper. With a fear of rejection, it's a wonder she can even stand knowing she is only a member of their census so that once repopulation occurs future children of Danu will have a teacher in various subjects- as an elementary school teacher she is quite good at the building blocks of the core subjects. Luckily for her, her professor parents put in a good word for her- she never had to be afraid of applying herself.

Token: Her kindle- she needs something to keep her mind fresh while she is waiting for them to get to Danu- of course all the books on it have been approved- meaning most of the books on it are either children's books or teenage/ adult fiction. She just hopes she will be able to get a good supply of electricity.

Other: Dana's parents are both highly established professors- her mother in science and her father in history, perhaps that is why she has such a love of knowledge and teaching.