Chapter 6✨

Naomi POV

After last night a little nigga has been feeling jiggy, Lucas was extremely sweet and he has me feeling those butterflies you get in your stomach and shit. It's about 9AM and Aunt T came to pick up the boys early this morning. I took off work because today is a major protest against police brutality and I have to be there to show my support.

Lucas is still asleep so I just take this opportunity to study his appearance a little more, he looks like a baby when he sleeps. He's so beautiful it's ridiculous I don't know why he's interested in me to be quite frank with you. I begin to trace circles on his skin then I proceed to playing with his hair. His hair is hella soft bruh I'm telling you.

I try to get out of his grasp but he's not having it.

"Boy if you don't get your hands off of me."

He sucks his teeth "Come lay with me ma I'm going to be cold without you."

"Shut up, anyway today there's going to be a major protest going on downtown, I took off work to go..do you want to come?"

"You already know I'm down, 12 has been acting up lately shooting young kids shit ain't right."

"Exactly that's why we're going to show our support its a black out though, so you have to change but you can shower here and stuff."

"Say less."

I head into the bathroom with Lucas following my ass as usual.

"Lucas you know I have two bathrooms."

"I like this bathroom though." He said while smirking.

"I bet you do." I said while rolling my eyes.

My door bell rings and I go downstairs to answer it, I wasn't expecting anyone so this might be interesting.

"NAY!!"

"OH MY GOD RON RON WHAT GO DOWN BRO?"

Ronnie is someone I used to kick it with back in high school I don't know why we fell off he was seriously my best friend we have hella crazy ass memories together.

He picks me up and spins me around.

"I've missed you so much girl how've you been?"

"I've been boolin' broski, how the fuck have you been? I haven't seen you in a bop."

"I've been cool forreal just chillin' I'm a construction worker now."

"Word? I work at the salon like 10 minutes away from here, I'm still trying to finish up school man."

"I understand it's hard right now. How are the boys?" He asked.

"They've been doing good actually you just missed them. You should come hang out with me today so you can see them later. I know they'll be excited to see you."

"What we about to get into."

"Protest."

"Aw shit just like old times."

"Just like old times."

We both started laughing then I heard Lucas clear his throat in the back.

"OH! Ron this is my ummm...boy thing you know what it's complicated but his name is Lucas he's cool."

Lucas looked at me all funny lord what have I gotten myself into.

"What's up, I'm one of Nay's old homies from back in the day."

"Yeah."

"Alright...uh Nay I'm ready to go back to visit my moms you should hit my phone though about later."