Chapter 15✨

Naomi POV
On the car ride to the prison, I'm forced to listen to my thoughts. I don't know why I'm such a mess already or why I care so much, I just do.

I found one my old journals that's I used to write in and I thought I would start writing again, everyone has a coping mechanism. This is mine.

April 29th
"I think you can split heartbreak into two categories.
So first, you have nighttime heartbreak, right? You know, mascara stains on your pillow from where you pressed your face so hard to muffle the sound of the sobs racking your body and shaking the bones of your ribs. It's the kind where your tears are falling so fast you need to gasp for air but even inhaling seems to hurt without them. It's you staring out of your window at 2.43am at the full moon and wondering aloud what the fuck you did wrong. It's you still up, still staring out your window, at 5.57am and watching a combination of reds and oranges bleed into the skyline and the tears are falling again because you used to believe that your sun would always rise and set with them but now they're gone.
But I think you've also got daytime heartbreak. That's when you think you're over them and a song comes on the radio and you're singing along and typing a new message to them to tell them about this new song you like before you remember they don't care anymore. It's when you drive past their favourite cafe and it hits you that you'll never look over into the passenger seat and see them watching the world flash by with a sort-of-childish amazement. It's when you have to shake off the familiar stabs in your chest because the light has turned to green and the car behind you is beeping because they don't realise that the stitches you spent countless nights working on have just torn ever so slightly. It's where every flash of brown hair and every pair of green eyes makes you stop and another stitch rip.
I wish I could tell you which one was worse but both leave you on the floor in a pool of your own blood and your hands in tatters from attempting to repair the holes in your heart which now has edges as sharp as ice."
Naomi Jones

{A/N Credit to the author on Tumblr, I have no idea who they are because the text post didn't give credit but this is NOT MINE. You have to give credit where credit is due. If you don't that's plagiarism and that's lame.}

"What are you writing in that book of yours girl?" Ronnie asked.

"Mind yo business boy and pay attention to the road!"

"How can I pay attention when my bestie is upset?"

"Shut up, we're not even going to talk about it."

"You know Lucas isn't going to let this go though right?"

"Ion know what he's thinking, I'm done with him he's free to do as he pleases."

"You're just hurt right now y'all will get past this I swear."

"The more I tell myself I'm over Lucas the more real it actually becomes, I'm not putting myself in another fucked up situation. I don't give a fuck what this nigga has to say anymore."

Ronnie nodded his headed and continued driving, I don't know why he's all up in my business. I'm really trying to remain positive and not have an attitude right now but this nigga is making it damn near impossible.

My phone started ringing and I didn't even have to look at the phone to know who it was.

"Hello Lucas are you calling me about something medical related?"

"Um yes kind of um well what I wanted to ask you was uh like uh you know uh-"

"UH UH UH just ask the fucking question."

"I wanted to know if you would come with my to my doctors appointment later on today around 4? You don't have to if you don't want to. I just thought since you said you would help me with my stuff and well yeah."