Chapter 5.

Bella P.O.V.

I looked out the window, watching the sun start to rise. I felt the cold temperature of Edward's body under mine. I laid my head down on his chest as I watched our hands perfectly link together. I turned to my side and tried shutting my eyes remembering last night, and how perfect it was. I honestly don't know how better things could get. I have him, and I have a perfect life with him now. I felt him sigh at the top of my head, and I could feel his gentle touch as he combed my hair with his fingers. I heard myself laugh a little as I heard Emmett's voice yelling from downstairs.

I swear, I think people from across the country could hear him as he yelled, "Hey are you two lovebirds done 'catching up' yet? We need to hunt!" I laughed once more as I heard the sarcasm in his voice as he finished.

I looked up to Edward who was smiling down at me, "Do we really have to?" I said as I slipped my face into his neck.

He laughed and shook his head, but then I heard Emmett who was angrier now than ever, "Come on! Don't make me come up there and get you two!" I laughed again as I rose from the bed.

I felt the sudden urge to start blushing as I moved to the other side of the bed to pick up my clothes. They were all ripped. I looked over to Edward who was laughing his head off now, so I starting glaring at him.

"Now what am I supposed to do?" I was trying so hard not to laugh as I looked back at my clothes.

"I don't know. Just go like that," I could tell he was joking, but apart of him was actually serious.

I heard myself growl as I jumped back into bed next to him, "I know you think it's funny, but it's really not," I laughed again as I laid down on top of him, and I could feel his cold hands start to move up and down my back.

"Bella! I left a spare set of clothes for you by the door!" I heard Alice yell from downstairs. I laughed and quickly got up from bed. I opened the door and saw a fresh new pair of clothes for me.

I quickly changed and ran downstairs. I didn't bother waiting for Edward because once I saw him, I knew I wouldn't want to leave. As Edward came downstairs I could feel the cold, intense glares from Emmett.

"Well it's about god damn time for you two to finally get out of bed. So... Break a lot of stuff?" I glared back at him while shaking my head. He could tell I was serious because he put his hands up in the air like he was being caught by the police or something.

"Okay well now that we've gotten that settled, lets go for a hunt," I smiled as I raced out the door. I was faster than everyone else. It was probably because I hunted more recently than them.

I ran and dodged tree after tree finally feeling free. I came across a pool of water beneath a waterfall. It was absolutely beautiful. I felt Edwards arms wrap around my waist. I quickly moved away from his grip and undressed myself. I felt the cool air blow against my bare arms, stomach, and legs as I jumped into the water. The water was cool, I could feel arms wrap around me again. I turned around to see Edward smiling at me. I felt a chill run down my back as I grabbed his face and pulled his lips against mine.

"I love you," I heard him say under his breath as his fingers got tangled in my hair.

"I love you," I said with a smile as I blushed with a kiss.

I could feel his hands slowly move down my back to beneath my legs. He picked me up in his arms as I felt the cool air blow against my back. In a matter of minutes he pulled away from me smiling. We were back up by the waterfall. I put my clothes back on that were now soaked from the water that was left on my body. I turned back to Edward who looked like he was trying to blush. He gave me a crooked smile, kissed my cheek, and we quickly ran back to the others.

"Good! I thought we lost you!" I heard Alice squeal behind me as she ran up and embraced me in a hug.

"How would we ever get lost?" I laughed because I knew vampires could never get lost.

"I don't know..." She giggled as she grabbed my hand and led me away from Edward.

I heard him sigh as Alice pulled me away from him. I felt like sighing too since I didn't want to be away from him for more than a second. I watched as I heard a growl from Emmett. He was in the middle of killing his prey. I saw him suck the blood out of an elk, and then one by one he continued to kill most of them. His eyes immediately turned from a dark drown to gold.

"Enjoy the show Bella?" He laughed as he snapped me out of my thoughts from the image of me killing an elk just like he had just did.

Out of complete unawareness, I stuck my tongue out at him like a child as I ran back into the woods to hunt. I smelled the scent of a mountain lion nearby. The sweet scent of its blood made me cringe, and I immediately ran towards it. Before I realized it, I was pushed out of the way by a wolf. The wolf growled at me as I hissed at it. I recognized the reddish brown fur, and the big brown eyes that were staring at me very intensely.

"Jacob?" I said that ended up coming out as a question. After I spoke, his eyes retreated from mine as he ran back into the woods.

A few seconds later, I heard footsteps from the direction the wolf had left. I watched as I familiar boy I once knew walked out from behind a tree. I recognized his black hair that was now cut short, and I saw his familiar face that I once saw when I was still human.

"Bella? Is that really you?" I heard his gentle voice as he moved closer to me. I was really him. My best friend. I nodded as he ran up to me embracing me in a warm hug.

"I can't believe it's really you. What happened to you?" He smiled as he stared into my golden eyes.

"Me? What about you? You know a person your age shouldn't be taking that many steroids," I teased as I punch his arm that was filled with muscles.

"Bella, I'm naturally like this," he laughed but I didn't buy any of it.

"Wait, how do you still look the same from the last time I saw you?" I asked surprised that he hasn't aged a bit.

"I don't know. I think it's because I stayed in my werewolf form for a pretty long time that I don't age anymore, it's pretty cool huh?" I nodded as he laughed, but then I heard a stiff growl behind me.

I turned around and saw Edward. He was in a stance like he was almost about to kill someone. I watched as his eyes glared at Jacob. I heard the sound of a bush rustling behind me, and when I looked back, he was gone. Jacob left immediately after he came in contact with Edward. I felt the sudden urge to run after him, but as soon as I tried, I felt hand grip my wrist.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed at Edward not knowing that I could ever do that...especially to him.

"I'm trying to protect you Bella," the pain in his voice and the way he looked back into the woods made me glare at him.

"Edward, Jacob isn't going to hurt me. Even if he tried. He couldn't," I said with a sigh but then realized that he was not going to let me go see him.

"You don't know that Bella. You can't tell for sure. My job is to protect you Bella, and that's exactly what I'm doing," I glared into his eyes ignoring what he was saying and ran into the forest.