Chapter 26.

Bella P.O.V.

I closed my eyes waiting for Alice to rip me to pieces, but nothing happened. I stood there in complete shock as I saw Jasper hold Alice's neck. I could see the pain in his eyes as he hesitated to rip her head off.

"Jasper don't!" I yelled as I walked towards Alice who was struggling in Jasper's grasp.

"Why? Just kill me already you have me, so just get it over with," Alice hissed at me as she continued to find her way out of Jasper's chokehold.

"Alice please... Listen to me. This isn't you, why are you acting like this?" I tried calming her down as Jasper loosened his grip.

"You deserve to die Bella. It's not like anybody needs you. I mean look at what you've done, you're the cause of everyone's death today. Think about Sierra. You killed her Bella. You deserve to die with them."

"Before we met you, we were fine on our own. You may have made my brother happy, but you were nothing but a worthless human who couldn't realize that she was making a very wrong decision," my heart cringed as Alice glared at me, and within a few seconds, she was out of Jasper's grasp.

I watched her run towards me with full force, but again, nothing happened. Instead I heard his beautiful voice cry out my name, "Bella!"

I whipped my head back to see Alice threatening to rip Edwards head off. I could feel my world start to tear as I stared at the horror standing in front of me.

"Alice please! Don't kill him! Please! Kill me! Just kill me! Please!" My voice cracked as she let go of Edwards head, and I watched as he fell to the ground struggling from the ice that had started to tear from his neck.

"Now that we've gotten that settled, I'll make it quick," she shined her devious smile at me as she ran towards me again.

I took what I thought would be my last look at the family I loved, and one last look at Edward as I waited for my life to end. My eyes stayed locked on Edwards as I heard something fall to the ground. My eyes quickly shifted to Jasper who was on his knees. I could see in his hand the head of the one whom he loved. I could see Alice's icy body lay on the ground. I fell to my knees as well thinking that I was the cause of this. I heard Jasper's dry sobs across from me as he dropped Alice's lifeless head to the ground. I felt Edward's hand being pressed on my shoulder as he pulled me up to him. I put my head to his chest as I let my sobs completely free. I could feel the tearless sobs start to form on my face as I looked to Jasper who was still on the ground looking at Alice.

"Jasper, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault," I blamed myself as I continued to cry in Edward's arms.

"Bella, it's okay. She just didn't care enough to fight it," his eyes sifted up at me as I saw his lifeless eyes look into mine.

"Fight what?" I questioned as I looked at Alice's cold, dead body.

I watched Jasper get up from the ground, and grab a torch that was still lit, "She didn't bother to fight the urge of the thought that was telling her she didn't love me," he said as he lit her body on fire. I watched the flames that were slowly burning Alice into ashes.

"You know she loved you Jasper," Carlisle said as he patted Jasper's shoulder.

"I know," the tone in his voice made him look completely lifeless. I could see the sadness in his eyes as he ran off into the woods.

"It's going to take him some time to get over this," Edward whispered into my ear as I pulled away from his chest.

I watched the fire spread across the snowy field. I saw every dead body get burnt into ashes as I looked back at Edward. He and I were the only ones left. The others left us here to look at the dead bodies of our friends.

"Everything will get better," Edward reassured me as I turned my head back to him, and I could tell he saw the distress in my eyes as I looked at everyone who had died today.

"Promise?" I whispered in his chest as his arms wrapped around me.

"I promise...on everything I have ever loved...starting with you," he looked down at me to show me the crooked smile I will always love to see.

I felt his lips press gently on mine as my hand rested on his cheek. "I love you," I whispered gently as I pulled away from him.

"I love you Bella, and I will always love you. And I promise I will never let you go again," he smiled at me as I wrapped my arms around him.

After minutes of standing in the fiery field, he pulled away from me as he pulled something out from his pocket, "I guess all that's left to do is to ask you one question."

"Anything," I whispered into his ear as he looked down to what he was holding in his hands.

"Bella, I promise to always love you, no matter what happens between us. You are the one I truly love, and the only one I could ever love. No one in the whole world could ever make me feel the way you make me feel, so will you please do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?"

I could feel my dry sobs rush through my system as I jumped back into his arms. "Yes."