Chapter 8.

Bella P.O.V.

~~~2 Months Later~~~

Today was the first day back at school. The school where I first met him. I know he's going to be there. In fact, all of them are going to be at school.  I know I can handle it, but I don't know if I could handle the fact of seeing him again.  I've been ready for about an hour.  I already hunted, so all that's left is to just wait.  About five minutes after babbling in my thoughts, I heard a knock on the door.  I slowly walked over to the door, and when I opened up I saw a smiling Alice.

        "Hi Bella, I was wondering if you wanted a ride to school?" I looked behind her to make sure he wasn't with her.  Luckily, he wasn't.

        "Um..I guess sure," she nodded and walked out the door.  I looked at the time while I grabbed my things... There still was about 45 minutes until school started.

        "Oh it's just us?" She nodded as she started the car, I watched as she got out of the car and sprinted towards the woods.

        When I tried getting out of the car, wondering what the hell was going on, I felt a hand grab my arm.

        "Wait Bella, can we please talk?" I heard his voice behind me.  I felt my sobs start to build as I turned to see his face. I glared while I pulled my arm out of his grasp, and ran out of the car straight into the woods.

I stopped near a tree hoping that he wouldn't follow me. I felt the sudden pain in my chest as I saw his face in my mind. His eyes were sad I could tell. All he wanted me to do was forgive him. I don't know if I could ever forgive him though. Although I want to, part of me doesn't. I feel like if I did, somehow my heart will manage to get broken again, but I still wanted him in my life. I still wanted him. I just wish he could've trusted me.

~~~

After finally getting some courage, I ran to school instead of driving because I thought it would clear my head a little bit more, but I was wrong. When I walked up to the school, he was there. Waiting by the front office. As much as I really wanted to run away again, I couldn't. I had to face him at some point.

As I walked up to the building, I felt his hand grab mine again as he said, "Bella, please. Just listen to me," I could hear the clear pain in his voice as his eyes looked into mine.

"Why should I?" I heard a hint of anger in my voice as my eyes started to glare at him.

"I just need you to listen to me please," I felt my expression ease as I looked deeper into his eyes.

"Why should I ever listen to you Edward? All I wanted was to see Jacob, and you wouldn't let me. You threatened to kill him. He wasn't going to hurt me. All I need from you is to just trust that I'm okay," his eyes looked lifeless after I finished, I felt the anger being expressed in my face again as I retreated my eyes from his.

"Look I'm sorry, I just need you to trust me that's all I'm asking for," I looked back trying to make my expression calm down as my hand reached for his cheek.

"I do trust you Bella, with my life," I heard his sigh as his hand rested on my hand that held his cheek.

"I know," I sighed as my forehead began to press on his. I felt a gentle smile form on my face as I looked at his smile.

"I'll trust you from now on just-" I cut him off by pressing my lips against his. I continued to smile as we kissed. I felt his hands wrap around my waist while my arms wrapped around his neck. Everything was perfect again.