Chapter 16.

Bella P.O.V.

(2 Years Later).

Introduction

It's been years since I last saw him. I went back to the Volturi, and everything has changed. I started going into the same depression I felt when he left me a long time ago. I had changed a lot since the last time I had seen him. My eyes have now gone from gold to red. At least I had one of my really close friends by my side now. Alice. She joined the Volturi after Edward kissed Sierra. Apparently she's been working with the Volturi for a long time. Aro said that's how they found me, and where I had been hiding. I had to admit, I'm much better off now. I feel like I don't have to hide anymore. I don't have him anymore, and it's better now.

Sierra has been working for the Volturi as well. We began to become very close over the past two years. We've been working together a lot now, and have been getting along, surprisingly. All three of us had started getting along now. Aro says that now we're more powerful than ever. Which I understand why because Alice can see the future, Sierra can manipulate people's minds, Jane can make people feel a dreadful agonizing pain, Alec can steal your senses, and I can protect everyone now. Surely, this was the best thing to do. I finally felt like I belonged here with them even if I still think of him. I've tried so hard to forget, but I can't. The only person that could really make me forget is Sierra. She already made Alice forget about everyone, but I was still hesitant about the idea.

All I could really say is that if I can't forget him, maybe it's for the best. Maybe I'm just not meant to forget him, but why is that exactly? Why can't I just forget about him? I mean, I bet he already moved on with his life. He probably has another mate to love and cherish him as much as I did, so why doesn't fate just let me forget already? I clearly don't need him, and he doesn't need me in his life anymore. I'm better off now. I'm better off living here in Volterra with Alice and Sierra. They're basically the only family I'll ever need even if Sierra was the one who stole him from me.

I know she doesn't see him anymore, but it still doesn't change what happened to us two years ago. All there is left is to just forget, or at least try to forget. To forget that he ever existed. To forget that I ever loved him. I would forget everything that I ever loved about him. I would forget the day we first met. The first time I saw his crooked smile. The day he said I love you. The day of our first kiss. The day I lost him. The day he came back into my life. I would forget about all of the perfect nights we had together. The day he proposed to me. The day he betrayed me. The day I took him back. The day he kissed another girl. But most of all I would just forget him. The only person I ever loved. All I could do is just forget.

(5 Months Later)

It's already almost been three years since I last saw him. I still can't seem to forget about him. I can't ever picture getting rid of all of the memories we shared together. I cannot bare the thought of ever forgetting him. But I have to. It's the right thing to do. If I forget about him, I could finally live my life without any interferences from him. All that was on my mind was him. All I could ever think about was him.

So the only way to get him out of my mind completely is to trust Sierra, and have her erase him from my thoughts...forever. That's all I could really do at this point. She said she would if I ever needed it. And this time I desperately need her to erase him from my head. I need to forget. I need to forget all of the hell he has put me through. I need to forget the misery and despair he has left me with. All I could do is just forget. And with that said, I'm saying goodbye to all of the happy memories I had with him. It's time to let go of our past. Now I know, the only right thing to do now is to have Sierra erase him from my mind. This will be better, for all of us. I don't have to continuously dry sob in my room, and have Alice wonder why I'm always crying. Because she wouldn't know. She doesn't remember any of them. She doesn't even remember who Jasper is. She has forgotten about her one true love just because of Edward. Now I can put all of the memories aside and forget that he ever existed. I could forget who he was, and that's all I wanted right now.

(1 Month Later)

All that was running through my mind is the thoughts of his perfect complexion as Sierra stared into my eyes. This was the day. The day I forget about the one I loved. I remember watching her eyes turn from red to a bright shade of gold, then to a bright white. I remembered everything in my head getting erased. I remembered the last memory I had of him get erased. I remembered everything going pitch black as all of my memories got erased. Forever.