Chapter 12

**Dean's POV**

That was close...

I looked over to Ash who was busting up laughing.

"That was perfect! Did you see his face! It was like a kid seeing porn for the first time!" she said leaning back on the hood.

"It's was pretty great. All of it..." I said looking over my shoulder to see her smirking up at the sky.

"Yeah it was..."

"There a minute ago, you said when you where thirteen you went on your first solo. That true?" I asked.

She sat back up. "Yeah. My dad trusted me a lot. I trusted him most if the time too." she said propping her feet up on the hood as I leaned against it.

"But really, what was he like?" I asked, wondering if she would actually answer.

"Well, the first thing I think of when I think of him is my tenth birthday. All I wanted was to take Josh shooting for the first time. He handed me a 4/10 and sent me out back to the range. He watched us the entire time. Made sure nothing ever happened. He had our backs. That was my greatest memory of him." she said smiling.

"So if that was the best memory, what's the worst? You don't have to answer if you don't want to tell me." I said not wanting to push to far.

"Nah, I don't mind. I think my worst memory of him was when Josh told him to never come back, when he left for college. He wanted both of us to be hunters, Josh was an amazing hunter, but that's not what he wanted. He wanted the apple pie life. A yuppie in the city, a model for a wife, a few mini Joshes. I used to think that he would alway be by my side, but then I didn't see him for two, almost three years. I called him every day for almost two months, he never answered. Dad would drive past his college every week just to make sure everything was fine. It always was. Josh seemed happy for once in his life. He was on the baseball team there. That's actually how he got in, on a full ride for baseball..."

"When Sammy left us, we felt betrayed too. I thought we would always be together also, but obviously we weren't, now we can't get enough off each other. At least we are honest with each other. Well, I think we are..."

What if we aren't?

"So Sam says he has powers? "

"He did. After I killed old yellow eyes, they stopped, now he's just a normal kid. Well as normal as he can get." I laughed at the end.

**Ash's POV**

Has Sam not told Dean about the demon blood yet?

"... yeah, normal as he can get..." I whispered under my breath.

"What?" Dean's head snapped up.

"Nothing!" I said nervously.

"Tell me more about yourself." Dean said leaning back with me.

"Well, I'll start from the beginning. When I was five, my mom died in the yellow eyed demon fire. Josh was just six months of course so he doesn't remember it. When I was six, we started to move a lot and I would ask questions. My dad normally found a way around them though..." I took a sip of my beer.

"Finally on the seventh birthday, my dad told me everything and that it was my job to protect Joshua. He never called him Josh, only Joshua or son. I wanted to know why my dad was always gone and why we didn't have a house or a mom, and I had finally got my answers. He told me everything, he even let me read his journal. Of course, I didn't completely understand it, but after he would come home from hunts, he would fill me in on everything. Down to the last detail. After that I had a different perspective of things." I looked over to Dean and he had an expression that I couldn't place.