Chapter 24

**Dean's POV**

When Ash came out if the garage, she went to her room not saying a thing to us or even looking at us. But we could here her screams and things being knocked over behind the closed door.

"I'm gonna build a fire for Emma's body..." Sam said.

"We'll get her out there." Josh said.

We walked outside and got Emma and wrapped he wrapped her up then placed her on the fire.

"Dammit..." Josh whispered and walked away.

"Sammy," I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Why does all this stuff always happen to us? What did we do so bad that we deserve this?"

"I don't know Dean. I mean we've done some pretty bad crap. Mom's dead, dad's dead, Emma's dead. And here in a few months, there's a chance that you and Ash will be gone too." he said not looking away from the fire.

I looked at him and saw how much pain I've caused him, everything that has ever gone wrong in his life is my fault. All of it. Somehow, I messed it up...

"Im sorry Sammy..." I whispered.

"For what?"

"I'm sorry for screwing up your damn life." I said.

He snickered.

"Dean, you didn't screw up my damn life. Things just always seem to go sideways for us. Not everything is on your shoulders." he said.

I shook my head.

"Sam, I'm the one that got you from Stanford. I'm the one that pulled you back into this mess. And now, we're losin' people left and right! How can this not be my fault?" I half yelled.

"Dean, you and Ash both need to understand that not everything that happens to Josh and I, are your all's fault. It's just not. I'm gonna go get lunch, so I don't want to here anymore about it." Sam walked back into the house.

I stared at the fire for a minute or two then walked back to the house. I walked inside and sat down on the couch.

"Guys, it's Sammy's birthday. I'm not sure he remembered is it, but it is." I said to J and Ally.

"So, what'd we do?" J asked.

"The kids turning thirteen, so why not make it special. He's never actually had a real party." I said.

"Ok, J why don't you and Sam go shootin' while me and Dean-o get everything set up. Deal little man?" Ally said.

"I'm not little, I'm taller than you. And yeah that's fine, but if I find out that all you two did was make out, I'm tellin' dad." J stood up.