Chapter 23

**Sam's POV**

I woke up with a groan. It feels nice to have someone next to you when you sleep, but it also makes you more aware of what could happen to the person next to you.

I looked down and saw that Emma was gone?!

I shot up out of her bed and ran out of her room. I ran into the living room where we were all at last night and saw everyone but Emma.

"Guys have you seen Emma? She was gone when I woke up." I said hurriedly.

"No. We thought she was with you still." Ash said.

I ran outside, not caring that I was in sweatpants and a V-neck. The gravel hurt my feet but I ran on it anyway.

"Emma?!" I yelled.

I heard something in the garage.

I walked over to it and tried opening the side door but it was locked. I looked in the window in the door and saw all the dead vamps, I could smell them too...

I looked over to the left and saw Emma with one of the needles filled with dead man's blood from last night. It looked like she was injecting it just to her arm.

I started to bang on the door, causing her to jump.

"Emma open up!" I yelled.

"Hey, what's going on?" I heard Ash yell from the porch.

"I don't know, there's something wrong with Emma. She's injecting dead man's blood know her system."

"Oh god..." Ash said as she ran over to me.

"You got keys?" I said hurriedly.

"Yes dimwitt, I got the keys." she unlocked the door and ran inside.

I ran over to Emma because she seemed to be spasming.

"Emma, what'd you do?!" Ash said.

"The vamps....got me...." she said with a raspy voice.

"Last night?" I asked.

"Yeah...didn't tell.... you... We've got bigger... fish to... fry."

"Emma, this is a big deal. Have you fead yet?" Ash asked.

She looked at Ash and smiled a sad smile.

".....yes...." she whispered.

"No no no! Dammit!" Ash yelled.

"Sam........can you.....leave us?" Emma whispered.

**Ash's POV**

Sam left.

"Ash, I-I I want you to do it." Emma said.

No.

"Do what?" I faked.

"You know, don't act like you don't. I want you to kill me-"

"No. I can't." I said not looking at her.

"Can't or won't?"

"Emma, no. Don't, you don't want to die-"

"Ash! I'm a monster! It's taking everything in me to not drink you to death! I'm the thing that you would kill..." she said.

"Emma no. I'll protect you, like I always have. It's gonna be alright, we'll figure it out. Let's just go inside..." I said grabbing her forearm trying to get her to go with me.

"Ash, you know that once other hunters find out about me, I'll be dead. I don't wanna be more paranoid than I already am. Please..." she handed me the machete that was on the table.