Chapter 20

**Dean's POV**

"Back to the safe house we go..."I Sam murmured.

"I don't understand why we got vampires on our tails. We hardly ever hunt them." I said gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"I don't know man, for the longest time I didn't think they existed." Sam said.

"We need to figure out how Ash pulled that stunt with the bullet. Get some more of those things, be prepared." I said trying to keep up with Ash.

"Speaking of Ash, we need to figure out how to get you and her out your contracts. I mean there has to be a way right?" Sam asked.

"Sammy, we are cutting it pretty close. We have what? Five months left? I say, why not enjoy it? Right? Maybe live for today instead of tomorrow. That could be a change." I said slowing a little as we turned down the dirt road.

"Dean, we are getting you out of it. Ash too. If it's the last thing I do." Sam said looking over at me.

"Sammy, come on man. You and I both know, that's not gonna happen and I think Ash does to. I think Ash is ready to go, you saw her, she was ready to die." I said.

"Yeah that's yet another thing. You do know we have to confront her about that right? I mean come on, she was going to kill herself. That's not something we can just let go." Sam sighed.

"Yeah I know. Another thing is we need our memories back. God we have a lot of shit on our plates..."

"I was thinking about that too. Since Josh doesn't have his abilities, maybe we have to trigger our memories back into place?" Sam said.

"Maybe...."

We turned into the drive way after Ash. I watched as Ash got out after Emma and Josh. She looked like she was in her own world, she looked so different, so broken. I watched as she looked at Josh and all I saw in her eyes was regret and sorrow. When she looked at Emma, things changed, he eyes seemed to light up a little more, she was happy with Emma.

**Emma's POV**

**FLASHBACK**

"Mom?" I asked as my bedroom door creaked open.

"Mom?" I asked again.
I could see her, but she wasn't answering me.

Maybe she is sleep walking...

"Mom! Watch out!" I yelled as someone I didn't recognize snuck up behind her.
That someone had dirty blonde hair matted in blood, ripped jeans, biker boots, and she was wearing some old dude's leather jacket.

She flung something that looked like water on my mom and it burnt her.

"Hey! Stop ple-" she put a hand over my mouth.

"Hey, shh. Listen I'm not gonna hurt you sweetheart. I'm gonna get you out of here but you need to be quiet. I'm gonna move my hand and promise me you won't say a word. Got it?" I could tell by the look in her eyes that she's the good guy.

I slowly nodded my head and she removed her hand.
She turned and took out what looked to be a needle and shoved it in my mom's throat.

She grabbed my hand and ran with me down the hall to the front door and out the house where there was a black muscle car waiting.

"Get in!" she said opening the door.
Strangers, I reminded myself.
"Whats wrong with my mom?" I asked.
Before I get in some random person's car, I'm gonna get more information.

"Gosh, ok look. That back there was not your mom, it was a demon using your mom as a meat suit. If you get in this car you will be safe while my dad exorcises it. Then we will take you to your aunt or something. It's up to you if you believe me, but trust me, if you go back in that house, you won't ever come out." she said. I gotta say she seems to be telling the truth.
"Fine." I sighed
She opened the door and got in the front seat and I in the back.

"You can go in sir." she said to the man up front.
"Good job Ally. Stay in here." he said and got out and snuck into my house.

"You gotta name kid?" she asked.

"Emma Pauley. What's yours?" I asked.

"My name is Ally, Ally Hardin."

"Is my mom gonna live?" I asked.
She looked back at me but didn't answer.
"How old are you?" she asked instead.
"I'm thirteen. You?"
"Thirteen. Your really short for a thirteen year old, you know that?" she said with a bewildered look.
"You never answered my question, is my mom gonna live?" I asked more sternly this time.
"Look kid, there's a big chance she won't." she said not looking at me.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because sometimes when a demon possesses someone, they kill the meat suit and just use it. Or in other cases, the meat suit gets damaged along the way." she said stealing glances at me through the mirror.
"Do you have any other questions?" she sighed.
"Yeah. I'm gonna want revenge. How do you kill a demon?"

**end flashback**

**Dean's POV**

"Hey Ash can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked.

"Uhh, yeah I was gonna go to the garage and do some stuff. Come with." she said nervously walking to the garage.

She opened the garage door and turned the lights on. She walked over to the weapons and started grabbing some odd looking bullets.

"Are those the bullets you used on that vamp?" I asked.

"Yep. My dad figured out how to lace them with dead man's blood. It's easier than having to go up to the vamp and say, Hey, do you mind if I shoot some dead dude's blood up your system? Thanks." she said.

She grabbed as many guns as she could hold and put them in a duffle bag.

"Are you just going to ignore this?" I asked.

"Ignore what Dean?" she glared at me.

"Ash, look. I get it. It's hard, but you don't need to kill yourself." I said walking over to here.

"No you don't get it. It's not just the memory thing or the vamps. I'm tired Dean, I'm so damn tired. I'm ready for it to be over." she said turning and sitting the bag on the work table.

"No Ash. You have people here that love you. Josh, Emma, Bobby, Sam and Me. Ash, one of the memories Gabe sent me back to was the first time I said I love you to a girl. That girl was you. I love you Ash. And I can't loose you, not yet."

"I love you too Dean, I really do. But we only have five months. That's five months knowing we are going to hell. I don't want to live like that. Do you?"

"No, I sure as hell don't Ash, but we're gonna fake it till we make it."

"Fake it till we make it huh?"

"Hellz yeah..."