Chapter 10

2 months later

I was walking with Abby to the gas station to buy drinks and snacks. While we were there I got a message from RapMon saying

Rapmon: Please come to Seoul for Jungkook's 19th birthday. We want to surprise him.[Recieved]
Me: I would but I don't have enough money. And I'm pretty sure Abby would want to come. [Sent]
RapMon: We'll help pay. Please come. It will make his day. And I know you want to see him. Don't forget what he said to you before he left.

At that moment I had a flashback to the day at the airport. Jungkook came and gave me a hug. During the hug he put spmething in my hand and whispered something to me. I still wore that ring since that day he gave it to me.

"It's a promise ring so that you remember I love you and so that you won't leave me." Jungkook said that day at the airport.

Me: Araso Namjoon (Rapmon). I have to ask my parents and I'll let you know. [Sent]
RapMon: Great! Text me later. [Recieved]

I showed Abby and the first thing she did was scream and then she said we should go. After we paid for our stuff, we walked back to my house, and we told my parents.

"Honey do you know how much that is?" my dad asked me.
"Yes I do. I'll work overtime if I have to, to get the money." I assured.
"Me too I will work overtime." Abby added
"Abby tell that to your parents." my mom said and we all laughed.
"So will you let me go?" I asked them.
"Michelle it's also across the world too you know." my mom said
"And we don't know if you are ready to go by yourself. You're still 19." my dad added
"I'm not a kid anymore. I'm responsible and mature. Please I told you already, I'll find every way for me to get enough money." I pleaded

My parents stared at each other.

"We have to talk about this Michelle. We will tell you soon when we have the answer for you." said my mom.

After the talk, I dropped Abby off at her house. We went inside and asked the same question. They said the same thing my parents said. As I got home I got a call from Jimin.

"Annyeong[1] Jimin."
"Annyeong, so are you coming?"
"I don't know yet, my parents hasn't told me anything."
"Make sure you come. We would all love to see you again."
"Okay."
"So how are you and Jungkook?"
"We are doing good. We don't talk much though. Is he still busy?"
"Neh[2]...minhae[3]...I'll make sure he talks to you."
"Okay well I have to go. I'll let you know if I can come."
"Neh. Wait is Abby coming?"
"I don't know but she wants too. We both still have to get enough money though."

I feel like it's been a long day today. How am I still going to get enough money to go to South Korea. Time to start making a list of ways to make money. Before I started making the list, I kept checking my phone if there were any notification. I put my phone down but then I got a phone call. Is it Jungkook. No its just Abby.

"Yes?"
"My parents said I can go as long as you go."
"Abby I still have to wait to see what my parents say."
"Well maybe if you say my parents are letting me go maybe they will let you go."
"Yeah I probably will do that but I'm going to let them think."

While we were talking we started finding ways to make money. After my phone call with Abby I fell asleep. Around 3 am I got a phone call. And this time it was Jungkook.

"Annyeong?" I said in a sleepy voice
"Oh minhae Michelle, are you sleeping."
"Neh..."
"Minhae. Jimin said you need to talk. Are you okay" he said curiously.
"Huh oh yeah I'm fine. I was just wondering how you were doing. You seem very busy lately." I said
"Neh I have been very busy with our new album. I'm okay but very tired." he said sounding exhausted.
"Oh well you should go to sleep then."
"Anio[4]...kwenchana[5], I want to talk to you. I miss you so much." he said. I just want to say you won't miss me much longer, because I'm coming to see you for your birthday.
"Same here, I miss you too. You need to come back to America." I said joking with him.

Not too long we ended the call and I fell asleep.

[1]Hi
[2]Yes
[3]Sorry
[4]No
[5] It's okay