12

They were at Baekhyun's house a hour later after their late breakfast. Chanyeol was definitely disappointed when they had to change their pajamas into some decent clothes. He slouched on Baekhyun's couch, switching through the channels as he waited for Baekhyun to finish packing. He couldn't find anything at all interesting but he tried hard to enjoy whatever show he was watching to distract him because he wanted to so badly go in Baekhyun's room and just simply watch the shorter do whatever he was doing. Chanyeol was considerate though, because what if Baekhyun wanted privacy while packing. Which was very likely.
He placed his head on the arm of the couch and twisted his body until he was comfortable. Chanyeol felt a paper poke his head. He turned his head and found a paper indeed, on the table beside the couch. Chanyeol was going to move it away a bit when he saw what it had on it. His heart almost jumped out his chest. There was a big red heart drawn on it with his name written in it over and over again. Chanyeol here, Chanyeol there, Chanyeol everywhere. All in that heart. Chanyeol never thought his name could look so pretty.
He grabbed the paper and admired it with a big fat grin plastered on his face. Gosh, how much he wanted to keep that for himself and just look at it all day long. It was far much better than t.v. so he stared at it instead.
As he was so into it, looking at each letter of his repeated name, someone snatched the paper out of his hands. Chanyeol smiled, of course it was Baekhyun. He tilted his head to look at the red faced boy and raised an eyebrow.
"It's pretty." Chanyeol commented and watched as Baekhyun bit his lip and shifted his eyes elsewhere.
"Where did you find it?" Baekhyun asked, his face was burning by now.
"Right," Chanyeol pointed above his head to the table."Here."
Baekhyun was about to turn back to his room but Chanyeol hopped off the couch and walked up to Baekhyun.
"I really like it, Baekhyun." He blurted out."And I want to keep it." Chanyeol ended with a beatific smile.
"Huh?" Baekhyun looked dumbfounded.
"Can I have it?" Chanyeol asked looking into Baekhyun's eyes.
"Why would you want this?" Baekhyun sputtered."It's not pre-"
"I want it because you drew it and it's about me, obviously." Chanyeol laughed softly."And I really really like it."
"A lot."
Chanyeol eyes grew hopeful and Baekhyun noticed it. His heart warmed up at the sight and he couldn't help but give in.
"Fine. Here." Baekhyun slammed the paper gently onto Chanyeol's chest then passed him to hide his flustered self in his room. Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun then laughed. He was absolutely adorable being all embarrassed.
A few minutes passed and Baekhyun came out with a suitcase in his hands."I'm done." He announced to Chanyeol.
Chanyeol made his way to Baekhyun and took the suitcase out his hands then pulled it to the doorway."Is that all you need?"
"For now, yeah." Baekhyun said, looking around his house sadly as if he was saying a silent goodbye. Chanyeol went up to Baekhyun and held his hand.
"You'll come back. But after we make sure you're safe." Chanyeol whispered tenderly."You know where we're going to go now, right?"
Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol and then back to the floor, he seemed afraid and nervous.
"We're going to the police and you tell them everything you know about that guy." Chanyeol explained slowly and softly as if he was speaking to a child."Okay?"
Baekhyun bit the inside of his cheek and nodded.
Chanyeol smiled and squeezed Baekhyun's hand."I'm with you, don't worry."
Baekhyun shifted his gaze onto Chanyeol's face and managed to give the taller a smile, although it was a weak one but it was a smile nonetheless.

***
They stayed nearly one hour at the police station and when they went into the room where they give their information, they were only allowed to go in one at a time. Baekhyun went in first and he stayed about 40 minutes in there. Question after question after question until he let it all out. Every little thing he knew. He was proud of himself when he didn't shed not one tear. It might finally end soon, he thought. And he will feel much better and definitely much safer.
As soon as they let him out Chanyeol ran up to him and held both his hands and he was relieved to see Baekhyun smiling. It made him feel peaceful. When Chanyeol went in, it was only for about ten minutes since he didn't know much. But he was determined to know soon, to understand why Baekhyun didn't tell anyone.
Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked to the car silently and also remained silent in the car. Chanyeol absolutely disliked it so he decided to do something to change the quiet and awkward air surrounding the two. He silently drove to a mall he went shopping to the most and pulled Baekhyun out the car.
"Let's go eat something!" Chanyeol exclaimed and tugged at Baekhyun's hand gently, taking him into the big mall.
Lots of eyes were on them because they were holding hands but Chanyeol didn't give a freak. It only made him pull Baekhyun closer to him, watching over the smaller boy warily. He lead them to a Latin restaurant in the mall and let Baekhyun choose what he wanted. Baekhyun ordered spaghetti and salad and also lemonade while Chanyeol ordered the same thing but instead of lemonade he chose coke. There was lots of chatting around them and it was noisy which was why Chanyeol wanted to take their food and go elsewhere but they weren't allowed to. He looked across him to the older, Baekhyun looked back at him and smiled brightly then went back to eating.
Chanyeol felt much better because Baekhyun didn't seem down and bothered anymore. He watched Baekhyun eat and just like the other day, he pulled Baekhyun's feet in between his. He could tell that Baekhyun really liked that. They stayed that way the whole 20 minutes for lunch, with their feet together under the table. There wasn't much talking going on between them, their feet were enough. And besides they were busy chewing on their delicious lunch.