28

Chanyeol awoke with the mother of headaches. His head felt so heavy and it pounded painfully, causing him to groan deeply plenty of times before he even was able to open his heavy eyelids. Even his stomach hurt; twisting painfully until Chanyeol couldn't take it anymore. He got up and immediately fell back on his couch, which had turned into his bed for the past week or so.
"Oh fuck..." He groaned again, smothering his face in the orange couch pillow.
"Hangover is the punishment you get when you drink."
Chanyeol raised his pained head to see where the sudden voice came from. It was Luhan standing near the couch with a not so pleased expression.
"What are...." Chanyeol trailed off because his head hurt too much.
"What am I doing here?" Luhan scoffed."What were you doing drunk driving last night? Or how about what were you thinking when you went over to Baekhyun's to pain him even more??"
Chanyeol's head hurt further when Baekhyun was mentioned. He remembered last night and he abruptly felt like throwing up from the thought of it. His weak legs quickly got up, surprising Luhan, and dashed into the nearest bathroom, puking for long minutes into the toilet bowl.
Chanyeol cursed again as he washed his mouth with mouth wash once his body stopped torturing him. Then he left out the bathroom only to see Luhan walking up to him.
"You okay?"
"Yeah."
"So, ready to explain yourself?" Luhan asked, he really did seem angry.
"What the fuck am I supposed to explain?"
"Why you did that to Baekhyun." Luhan retorted back.

Chanyeol was quiet for a few minutes thinking about how unfair it was. Everyone was blaming him as if he wasn't being tortured too. He was withering away because of Baekhyun but Baekhyun seemed to already move on that damn quickly.
"I didn't do anything to him. He's the one that's killing me." Chanyeol said, anger starting to build in him."All I want is him. That's fucking all and now he's already moved on. He fucking has someone else already."

"Chanyeol, he doesn't h-"
"He's so cruel. I begged on my knees for him but he just...." Chanyeol bit back his frustrated tears. He didn't really mean to call Baekhyun mean things but he couldn't help the anger in him."...fuck everything!"

The room was silent for a minute but Chanyeol couldn't hold on for long.

"And you, everyone, all of you are being unthoughtful! So damn clueless to how I might feel. I apologized and I meant every word and I regretted but no one's forgiving me. Fine, I'll just stop talking to you all since you won't fucking care about me! What el-"
"Chanyeol!" Luhan effectively shut him up with a furious yell."I wouldn't be here if I didn't care! And Baekhyun doesn't have a boyfriend, that's his cousin! Also, for your information, Baekhyun was the one who called me last night to check on you after you left his house. He was worried to death, he was sobbing because of you and you still think he doesn't care."
"His cousin?" Was the only thing Chanyeol could breathe out, relief unconsciously running through him at the news.
"Yes, you idiot. That's his cousin." Luhan pointed out again.
"But if he really cared, he would've came back after all these days." Chanyeol quickly retorted back. He all of a sudden felt angry because it seemed like to him that everyone had abandoned him.
"You said it yourself, he thinks he's not good enough for you. That's why he won't come back."

Chanyeol fell silent as it all dawned over him again. That was the problem, that Baekhyun didn't think he was enough for Chanyeol. That was the only reason he wasn't coming back, as far as Chanyeol knew. But oh how he wished he could easily, just like that, change Baekhyun's mind. He couldn't, he knew he couldn't.

"I only..." Chanyeol whispered pitifully, feeling like he had nothing else. Nothing at all."I....want to make him the happiest person in the world."
"You could do that, by letting him move on." Luhan replied."If that's what he wants."
"Will he really be happy?" Chanyeol asked unsure. Of course he wanted Baekhyun happy but even better; happy with him. It would be perfect if they were happy together.
"Chanyeol, he might. Who knows." Luhan replied softly."Just try and whatever is meant to happen will happen."
Chanyeol dragged his legs back to the couch, plopping down on it. He threw his head back and stared at the ceiling, huffing in complete frustration.
His own next words barely left his lips. They made his heart freeze up.
"Alright. I'll try to forget him."