louis

Hours and hours past by me as I tossed and turned in our bed. It's so empty without you in it next to me. A muffled sigh escaped my lips as I buried my face in my hands, sitting up slinging my legs over the side of the bed. I peered around the room in complete darkness.It's so empty without you here, love.My feet shuffled across the cherry hardwood floors to our bathroom. I search for the light switch along the wall, switching it on as the light came in a flash. My eyes adjusted to the light finding my reflection in the mirror. I was no longer the happy, energetic jokester I usually was, no, I am now a broken man. That's usually what happens when the love of your life is taken from you. I still remember the day, just like it was yesterday.Music blared from the kitchen, you clothed in just my t-shirt from the night before. You have never looked as beautiful as you did right then. I sauntered my way over to you, placing my hands on your hips. You peered over your shoulder at me smiling."Well good morning to you." she said placing a pancake on a plate. I smiled pulling her golden brown hair to one side, kissing her neck letting my lips linger on her sweet spot."Good morning, love." I mumbled against her neck as she shivered underneath my touch. She spun around pushing me up against the counter behind us placing her hands on my chest, lips placed right next to my ear."You know what that does to me," she whispered in my ear as smirk played on my lips, "but it's too bad I have to go run into town." she finished running to the stairs. You're leaving me in this predicament?" I asked astonished. She smirked giving me a wink before running to change into a pair of jeans.I looked out the window, snow was falling heavily onto the streets. She trotted back down the stairs slipping here coat on."I don't think you should go love. It's coming down pretty hard out there." I stated looking to her then back to the window."Lou," she said as she walked placing her arms around my neck, "I'm going to be fine, besides we've had worse." She smiled placing a kiss onto my lips before she walked out the door.I wish you would have listened to me. I wish the driver had been paying attention. Getting the call that you had been in a car accident and in critical care was the worst thing to hear. Of course I drove to the hospital as fast as possible, but it was too late. You were gone. Just like that, no goodbyes, no nothing.Now I am haunted by the memory of you. I see you everywhere. Liam tried to get me to move in with him, but I couldn't. All of our memories are here. I couldn't just pack up and leave. Maybe staying here is a bad idea, but I can't let you go yet. I splashed a bit of cold water on my face before traipsed back to bed. I laid back down facing your side of the bed. I hope you aren't disappointed in me. This shamble of a man you're watching from heaven isn't your Lou. He's far gone now and I don't know how to pick up the pieces.I just miss you love. I love you, please remember that. I sighed pulling your pillow into my chest, slowly breathing in your scent as I lay there for another sleepless night with you haunting my memory.