Almost is Never Enough "Louis"

You had the opportunity to host an episode of Saturday Night Live, and as a part of the show they wanted to do a skit with Louis. Why? the producers thought it would be hilarious, you on the other hand could only disagree. However, pass your protests, the producers pushed it even further to say that you were to perform the song that you had recorded with you then boyfriend. They song had gotten you to the top of the charts and many of the fans had actually thought this act of love was only to get more fame. You couldn't help how popular the song was, if people liked it then they liked it. It was the day of the show and you currently sat in your dressing room, suddenly earing a knock at the door. You groaned not wanting to get up. to your surprise when you opened the door you see a smiling Louis. "What are you doing here?" You hadn't seen him since you told him things weren't working and were not looking forward to anything he had to say. "Well hi to you too." He said pushing past you. "Look Louis, I have to get ready-" "As do I" He said sarcastically. "Then what are you doing here?" You replied now getting frustrated. "I just wanted to come and wish you luck. I know this is a big deal for your career and I know you'll do great." He finished with a sympathetic smile. Your sighed sitting in your chair, he must have sensed your nervous-being from a mile away, he knew you so well. "I should really be getting going, see you out here yeah?" "Yeah, I'll see you." You said closing the door doing final preparations. No later was the beginning of the show and you were cracking jokes right and left. The time had then finally come for the performance. Little did you know Louis had actually arrange to play piano as a surprise. When you too the stage, things seemed to just fall into place, that is until you saw the piano set up and Louis smirking widely at you. You would have hated to admit it but the way his fingers would glide across the keys made your heart melt. "This wasn't the original set up they sent me." You whispered to Louis during commercial. "I know, I changed it" He smirked. The camera guy turned towards you and you knew to begin. As the emotional song played through your mind would flutter to those times when Louis made you smile. All the good memories came rushing in as the bad ones flushed away. There was a point in the bridge where it felt like only you and Louis were in the room. Before you knew it the song was finished and the crowd cheered. Suddenly, Louis appeared at your side as you walked back to get ready for the next skit. "Y/N?" "Yeah Lou?" You asked apprehensively. "Would you maybe want to come to my hotel later for a few drinks, catch up maybe?" He asked with hopeful eyes. "I'd love to"