Almost is Never Enough "Liam"

Your best friend was getting married to Niall today. Since it was your doing that got them together it was only that that you served as her maid of honor. Having dated Liam a while back, that's how they began dating, it was obvious that he be into he wedding party as well. Greg was his best man so you didn't have to worry about walking down the aisle with him. The night proceeded to the ceremony without a flaw. Your friend and Niall seemed perfectly happy together and you couldn't even complain about the scenery. 'Old Hollywood; suited the wedding so well. Everyone spent the night dancing, eating, drinking, all while you and Liam try to avoid each other. "Ahem" you heard a voice come over the microphone, immediately knowing it was your best friend, "I'd like to thank everyone for coming out tonight. Your support means so much to Niall and myself." There were hoots and hollers coming through the guests, "I'd also like to now invite my best friend and maid of honor Y/N up on stage to sing us a song. Whaddya say?" Everyone turned to look at you into he middle of the dance floor making you blush. It wasn't performing you were nervous about-no you were a pro at that-it was pleasing the bride on her wedding day. You slowly but surely made your way to the small DJ stage taking the mic from her hands. "Hello every one, hope your all having an amazing night!" You smiled widely, "Upon request of the bride I will sing a song, but because of short notice," You show her a playful flare, "I have nothing prepared!" You chuckled. "I think I might have something in mind," You saw a figure emerge on stage and as he whispered to the DJ to play a certain track you were absolutely positive it was Liam. The track played but there was only one working microphone. The lyrics to the song you wrote with Liam when you first began dating came to you like the air you breathe. Also remembering how much your friend loved this song you knew she'd enjoy it. "We almost knew what love was, but almost is never enough" you sang reluctantly with Liam in such sync that brought some to swoon. You turned to see that couples were slow dancing scattered across the dance floor, the instrumental still playing. "You look lovely tonight, Y/N." Liam commented, smiling shyly at you. "Thank you Li, and thanks for picking that song, hah. I was kind of stuck. "I noticed. Plus I figured that was a good choice for those two, " he motioned towards NIall and your best friend being all love-dovey on the dance floor. "You always did know how to save me, didn't you?" You looked at him through your lashes. "Guess so love, now, how about a dance?" "It would only be right."