Almost is Never Enough "Harry"

The minute you and the curly-headed charmer broke up, you both knew there would be repercussions. its not that you hated each other, it was just to much to deal with, the hate being a big part of it. You were both signed to SYCO, him obviously with One Direction and you as a solo artist. Your management thought it be a good idea to have you two record a song that would appear on your next album as a bonus track. Through all the kicking and screaming, there was not fighting it, seeing as the decision had been made and you'd have to learn to deal with it. So now here you sat in the recording studio awaiting the arrival of your duet partner. The studio head, Mike, had you doing vocal warm-ups in the booth while you waited. Checking the time on your phone, you saw the boys was 20 minutes late. Sighing, you went back into the booth and began to record your part, although quite annoyed. The track began playing and you were cued to start. Halfway through the first verse, Harry came walking in wearing the usual ripped jeans and boots. His face looked hurt as he watched you sing, "we can deny it as much as we want, but in time our feelings will show," you suddenly stopped the verse, taking off the headphones watching carefully as Harry came in the booth with you. "Your late." You scoffed. "Traffic," he stated so simply, "Why'd you stop? You were sounding amazing." "I just, I don't know. Let's just finish the song so then you can leave. It's clear that you don't wanna be here anyway." "That's not-" "Hey Mike, play the track." You cut him off mid sentence. By the end of the song, you found yourself starring at Harry, him mirroring your expression of hurt and sadness. This song was really not the right thing for you right after a breakup. "The song was amazing your two sounds collaborated so perfectly. We don't even have to do it over again." Mike commented. "He's right, we sound great together." Harry remarked, making you blush just as he had a few times during the song. "I didn't want to break up, you know." You blurted out of awkward silence. "Me either." "So then why did we?" Without responding, Harry took a step towards you, settling his large hands on either side of your face, leaning down to press a soft and romantic kiss to your lips.