Prologue - Who I Am

*prologue*

My name is Juniper Pitts. But everyone calls me Juni. I have an abusive alcohol addict father. My mom died, when I was 8, in a car crash. I was in the car when we were hit. I got lucky and suffered a minor concussion and a broken wrist and some cuts and bruises. My mom wasn't so lucky thanks to a few, drunk as shit people. She died on the way to the hospital. After my mom's death my dad started drinking, a lot. He would drink 24 bottles in a day and then go out and sometimes come home so drunk that he could barely walk. The abuse started when I was 10. My father used to just beat me with his hands or belt. It started off as a beating once a week. But as I got older and my dad got less and less sober, it would happen more often. When I was 15 my dad..... Touched me where no father should touch his own daughter. I suffer from depression and I cut. Most of my childhood memories were really bad so, I don't talk about them and I've repressed (forgotten about) A LOT of it. The only other person who knows my past is my best friend Sammi. I've known her since we were babies. I know its cliché but true. My mom and her mom were best friends. We've done everything together until last summer. When my dad and I moved from Arizona to Ohio. I begged to stay but my dad said no.