Stiles Stilinski | Dream Sweet in Sea Major

fairylightcth

Today was the day. Today, you were going to tell Stiles Stilinski you had feelings for him. You convinced yourself that it would be okay if he didn't like you back but really? Who is ever okay after being rejected. You added the final touches to your outfit and skipped downstairs to get breakfast before the boys got here. Stiles' jeep pulls up in front of your house and butterflies dance in your stomach. You run outside and hop in the passenger seat, waving to Scott in the back. The car ride there was exactly like every other one, the boys talked about the new supernatural problem they had and you thought of ways to fix it.

Stiles pulls into his usual parking spot and you kiss him on the cheek, thanking him for the ride. You knew he didn't think anything of it because everyday for two years, Stiles has driven you to school and you've kissed him on the cheek; thanking him for the ride. "Hey, do you want to come over tonight?" He looks at you with puppy dog eyes. "That's not fair, you know I can't say no to that face." He smiles and pats your back awkwardly. 

As every minute passed, your heart seemed to beat faster. Until lunch, when you saw him. He looked so calm and perfect, your heart slowed and your nerves calmed. "What's up nerds?" You sit beside Stiles on the picnic bench outside. "Munching, want some?" He holds a bag of chips in front of you. "No thank you. I'm too anxious to eat." You lock eyes with Scott, the only other person who knew about your feelings. 

"Oh yeah, you're leaving tomorrow." Stiles looks down at the table. You were leaving for the summer to visit your Aunt in Italy, that's why today was so important to you. "We're going to miss you." Stiles moves his hand closer to yours, hesitantly. 

"We'll throw a surprise party for you when you get back." Scott chimes in, breaking the tension. "Well, it wouldn't be much of a surprise now, would it?" 

School finally ends and you rush outside where Stiles was waiting for you at his Jeep, "Just us today, Scott is ditching us for Allison." You smile, butterflies swarming your stomach, once again.  The drive to your house was unusually quiet, neither of you spoke until he pulled into his driveway.  

"Stiles, I need to tell you something." You see his face drop before he turns his body towards you. You take a deep breath, "This is probably not the best timing since I'm leaving tomorrow but I've had feelings for you for a while. I understand if you don't feel the same but I thought I should tell you." You look up to see him smiling brighter than you'd ever seen. 

"I was going to tell you the same thing." He takes your face in his hands and presses his lips against yours. His lips are soft and gentle. You lean in, deepening the kiss as your hands slide up his back. After a few minutes, he pulls away, smiling. "Now I really don't want you to go." 

You look down at your watch, "We do have the rest of the night to spend together." He grabs your bag from the backseat and hops out of the Jeep. He rushes to your side and opens the door for you, "C'mon, we have to make the most of our time."