Scott McCall | Mind Games

"Don't sit up on your high horse and lecture me about safety. I know what I'm doing and whether you like it or not, I'm going to continue doing it!" You watch as Scott's chest heaves a deep breath. You had been arguing for a while, it started out as a friendly reminder to be careful around Theo but somehow twisted into a full blown fight. Scott felt the need to remind you, constantly, of Theo's past as you slowly became friends with him. You had a feeling it stemmed from jealousy and the constant reminders that you gave Scott, weren't enough for him.  The two of you had only been dating a couple months before Theo came to town and you had grown close to him over time. He felt like the brother you never had and that made Scott feel insecure. You tried to reassure him, you asked him to spend time with Theo so he could see it was a harmless friendship but he refused. 

"I'm sorry I don't want my girlfriend to end up dead because she fell for his innocent act." He slams a cupboard shut causing you to jump. You didn't realize how angry he was over this friendship but you knew Theo would never hurt you. "How many times do I have to tell you, he's not a threat anymore." You cross your arms over your chest, he sighs and leans against the counter in the kitchen. "I can't do this anymore."

You felt your heart sink into your stomach, "What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?" He looks down at his feet and nods. You feel an intense feeling of anger rise from your stomach, you grab your bag and walk out of his front door. Both of you were too stubborn to admit you were wrong so for weeks, a cold silence hung between you. All of your friends tried to convince you to talk to each other but it was useless. You didn't want to admit to yourself that you missed him but as days turned into weeks, you felt yourself longing for his touch. 

Two months had passed since your breakup and Lydia took it upon herself to cheer you up with a girls night. She planned for you to meet at an ice cream shop so you could talk and later you'd go to the drive in theatre. You were genuinely excited for the evening, it had been a while since you felt like going out. As you approached the meeting spot, you looked for Lydia's car but it was no where in sight so you called her. "I'm running a bit late, I'll meet you at the tables in a few minutes." She hung up quickly and you walked around the side of the building where the tables were set up. 

As you rounded the corner, you saw Scott, sitting at a table close to the side entrance. You roll your eyes as he looks over at you. His face drops when he recognizes your face, "What are you doing here?" You take a few steps towards him, "Girls night with Lydia. Let me guess, you're here for a boys night with Stiles but he didn't show up?" He nods and gestures towards the chair in front of him for you to sit down. You pull the chair out and sit on the edge of it, trying to avoid making eye contact with Scott. 

"While we're here, could we talk?" You nod and wait for him to speak again. He takes a deep breath in, "I want to apologize for the way I reacted towards your friendship with Theo. I was scared, you guys are so close and I thought he would try to steal you away from me." You rest your hand on your palm as you listen to him talk. "I realize now that I was pushing you away and breaking up with you was a mistake." 

You remain silent for a minute or so, trying to find the right words, "Scott, I tried to tell you so many times that Theo was not a threat to our relationship. You are the one I want to be with, not him. I was so deeply in love with you and then you broke my heart." You see his eyes glaze with tears as he takes your hand in his. "And for that, I am immensely sorry. I wanted to ask you if I could have another chance? No more jealousy, I just want to make you happy again." 

You place your other hand over his and smile, "This can be our second, first date." He pushes his chair back and jumps up, wrapping you in his arms, "Thank you."