Chapter 15

I felt really bad that I couldn't cheer Normani up yesterday. In school I was working with my girlfriend, again. Today I wasn't feeling it. I was not in the mood to do anything. "Lauren, you have to do your work" Lissa said. "No" I said, resting my head on the desk. "Please or no more kisses" she threatened. "You wouldn't dare" I gasped. "You're right" she giggled.

I worked for a few minutes, then our class was interrupted. A very gorgeous girl walked into our classroom. "I'm really sorry I'm late, it's my first day. I got lost" she said in a raspy voice. "It's alright, take a seat, we'll get you caught up tomorrow" the teacher said. I studied her as she walked to the back of the room. Lissa turned my face aggressively. "Are you checking her out?!" she snapped. "Wow I didn't realize she was a library book" I said sarcastically.

When the bell rang, I left without telling Lissa bye. I noticed a swarm of boys around the new girl, clearly making her uncomfortable. I immediately rushed to help her. "Guys, ever heard of personal space?" I asked, pushing them away from her. "Oh Lauren the lesbian saves the day" Alex and his clique laughed. "Alex, everyone knows you're a slave for the dick, so I don't know why you're here bothering her" I spat. The entire hallway contributed an 'ooh'. "Whatever, let's get to class" he scoffed, leaving.

When they turned the corner, she sighed in relief. "Wow, that was a pretty harsh comeback" she laughed. "Yeah, he deserves it. Anyways, do you know where your next class is?" I asked. "No, I don't even know where the bathroom is" she said. "Alright, I'll show you to your class and at lunch we go on a little school tour" I suggested, looking at her schedule. "Oh, no you don't have to waste your time on me. I'll be fine, I guess" she said, slightly making eye contact. "C'mon, it's not a problem. I basically run this school" I said, bringing a smile to her face. "Uhh okay" she complied.

"I'm Lauren, and in case you need to find me just tell my name at the very top of your lungs" I laughed. "I'm Mavis" she laughed. "That's a cute name" I complimented. "Thank you" she said, blushing a little. "Ahh, here we are. Quick tip, don't correct this teacher. It pisses her off" I informed. "Thank you, see you at lunch" she smiled, then she walked into her class.