Chapter 23

I wanted to be a new person. I cut my hair into a bob, it became curly and wild on its own.  My mom took me to the eye doctor too, I had to get glasses so I chose the ones that matched my new style. My primary doctors told us that what happened to me was shock, I'm my case it's from fear and stress build up. My friends and family tried their best to keep that from happening.

I sat curled up in bed really close to the wall. I chowed down on a pack of twizzlers while reading The Odyssey. The amount of misogyny in that book is unreal. Normani walked in asking if I was ok. I put my bookmark in and closed my book. "Yeah I'm ok, c'mere" I said kneeling on my bed. She walked up to me, pecking me on the lips. "Nooo..." I whined, wanting a longer kiss. She gave me what I wanted, stopping when I received a FaceTime call. It was Dinah.

She and Mavis were at her house. Mavis had recently gotten a nasal catheter. They both try to spend as much time together as possible. I hope she survives, I'd hate to see what would happen to Dinah. "What's going on guys?" I asked. "Nothing—OOH tell them what the doctor said" Dinah said handing the phone to Mavis. "Well they said I'm getting better slowly, the treatment is working so far" she said blushing a little. It relieved me she was doing better. Out of nowhere things got heated between them so they hung up.

It was just me and my girlfriend. Things started to get intimate but we were interrupted by my mom barging in. "Lauren your friend is here" she smiled. As soon she and I locked eyes the lights started flickering, my heart raced, I looked around frantically as the walls we're getting closer and closer.