chapterr nine

Soooo before I start the story, Ima do a little re-cap of how we left the last chapter!

*Recap starts*

"I want to talk to you.  About your demon."  He looked straight into my eyes as he talked.  It took all I had to respond, because let me tell you somethin.  His eyes are just about the prettiest things ever... Not quite green or blue.. But both.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sure."  I looked away and leaned against the white wall.

"But first I have a quesiton for you."  He looked confused for a second, but then said,

"Ok.."

"Why don't you have eyebrows...?"  Gaara sweatdropped and stared at me.

What?  It's a serious question... And I know I've said it before but I really wanna know!

*End of re-cap thing*

Gaara stared at me for about 5 seconds before straghtening out and saying "Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged. "Well it's been bothering me for a little while.  I mean eyebrows in general are an interesting topic!"  Oh great... I'm starting to babble.

"Like Rock Lee has huge eyebrows, Naruto and Sasuke kind of have normal eyebrows, and you have no eyebrows! I mean I like to think my eyebrows are pretty normal, too.  But sometimes one hair just sticks out kinda funny.  I guess you don't have to worry about that, though!" I stopped my random (probably somehwat annoying and offensive) eyebrow speech, and looked at Gaara.

He was staring at me, slightly amused.  With those pretty eyes... Even with those black ringy things around them they are soo pretty...

"I was born premature." He stared straight intro my eyes.  Premature?  Like... Early?  Well that explains it I guess.

"Oh... Well that's kinda cool... I think."  I mumbled the last part to myself, but he didn't seem to care.

"Hn.  Now it''s my turn."  Hn? I thought only Sasuke said that.

"Why can't you stop it?  your demon, I mean. "  Gaara paused for a second as if thinking. " Was it really you killing?"

I looked at the carpet. Leaning off the wall I stood straight.  I walked forward past Gaara, who was watching me out of the corner of his eye.

"Let's go outside... I have a feeling someone else is listening."  I looked to the door, and heard a squeal. 

'Kiba... Kankuro... Temari... You guys suck at trying to be quiet.'

"OK.  Gaara turned around and we walked outside.  I leaned forward over the railing as he slid the door shut.

"I'm not strong enough."  I mumbled, staring at the lake behind the house.  A light breeze ruffled my hair, and made the water below us churn and twist.

"And now?"  Gaara's voice surprised, me, I frogot he was there.

"Still.  It's just like..."  I sighed. (Dang it I've sighed a lot today...) "No matter what I do, how much I train, how strong I get, it just isn't enough.  I still can't do it... And I can't even think about trying to stop it.... Not even now."  I closed my eyes and droped my head, trying to calm myself.

"I know what you mean."  Gaara leaned his back against the railing. I opened my eyes and looked at him, but he was just staring into space.

"But you can summon that Shakuki or whatever..."  Gaara chuchled.  Wait... Gaara... Chuckled?  I didn't really know that was possible.