chapter twenty three

*Go little recap!*

'It's funny.  She's usually pretty outgoing and maybe even a little crazy.  But when it comes to my little brother, she just gets so shy!'  I got up and walked over, sitting next to Kiba and Kankuro, across from Kitsune.  

We played for a good hour or two, talking and I guess just really having fun.  Who would have thought, you know?  That five shinobi from differnt villages could be like this?

'I think I'm gonna miss this when we have to leave...'  And that's when I really think we all started to think about what Kit had said earlier.  And I knew I wasn't the only one kind of dreading when December would come and Kankuro, Gaara, and I would have to make our way back to Suna, leaving this friendship behind in Konoha until we would all see each other again.  Whenever that would be...

*End little recap*

Kitsune's POV

'Just go talk to him!'  I sighed and walked towards the glass door leading to my balcony.  I put my hand on the smooth metallic handle. 

'But hes always been so confused.. He didn't even know what love was..'  I took my hand off the handle and looked outside into the dark sky.

Of course it was Gaara I was thinking about.  Earlier that day, Temari made me confess my feelings for him.  Not just to her, but to myself.

I guess before then I never really  thought about my feelings for him too deeply. I mean sure I had always thought he was cute, but now I guess is the time I realize... He is so much more than that.  But not just to me, to anyone who can really think about it. 

And we have so much in common.. We've done wrong, hurt people we care about, and so many more bad things. But he's done good as well. 

'Temari told me about how he was before I really met the three of them.' I sighed and sat down on my bed, giving into my thoughts.

'She said he was so cold... So far away from the outside world. Only caring for and fighting for himself.. The Gaara I know is different. He does care about people.  I mean sure he has a hard time showing it, but he does.'. I closed my eyes and leaned back, laying down.

'And considering what he's been through, I can't really blame him for anything he did. I mean come on.. The guys a jinchuuriki, who killed his mother during his birth, whose father despised him and wanted him dead, and who was treated as a monster and outcast pretty much his entire life.  If anyone knows what it's like to be alone... To be truly alone, it's Gaara.'  I opened my eyes and sat up. 

"What's the worst that could happen?" I mumered to myself.

'You could freak out and say something completely weird and scare him...'  As soon as that thought entered my head I gulped. 

'Come on! You've been on so many missions as a shinobi, you've faced way scarier things than this! All you have to do is go up on the roof and talk to him and-'

My little self pep speech was cut off by a flash of lightening and sudden burst of thunder outside.

  I squeaked a little and stumbled back onto my bed out of surprise. I mean I had been completely out of it, just lost in thought and BAM! Lightneing.