chapterr eighteen

*Go little recap thing!*

"Whatever you say..." Temari sang and opened the door.

'This came out of freaking no where! How could they get the idea I liked Gaara? I mean yeah he's totally cute and hot, and yeah we have a similar past, but... Why would Kitty-Chan think I like him?'

All the way down the stairs I had a little thought fight with myself.  How could they think that? Why would they think that?  Did Kiba think so?  Did Gaara think so? Ugh!  Too many questions!

I saw that in the small amount of time Temari had dragged me to her room and interrogated me, Gaara had finished unloading the ramen I had got.

The thought of Gaara suddenly brought a question to my mind I hadn't thought of before. Temari was right, I never said I don't like him like that... Again, I felt a slight blush rise to my cheeks.

'Do I like Gaara enugh to be more than friends?'

*End little recap thing*

Kitsune's POV

"Hello?" I opened the front door and let the bright light in the house.

"Hey there!" A familiar voice chimed in my ears.

'Oh dear god why...'

"Nani?! Ino?" My eyebrow twitched as I stared at the blonde in front of me.

"Yep! I wanna know if you wanna go shopping!" Ino smiled her closed-eye smile.

"I... Um.. Why would I.. Wait! How'd you know where to find me?" I struggled to find something to say. But of course as soon as the words were out of my mouth I alreayd knew the answer.

"Naruto." We said in unison.

'Of course...' I sighed.

"So ya wanna go? You can invite that Suna girl if you want.  She seems OK."  Ino blinked her light blue eyes at me.

"Um.. I really wish I could but you see... I have plans already." I racked my brain for a good exuse.  And of course, my favorite (or least favorite... I'm not quite clear on that yet) Kitty-Chan decided to eavesdrop.

"What kinda plans?" Ino asked, seeming a little annoyed I would lie to her.  Why should she? It's not like I haven't lied to avoid her before...

"She's taking me to dinner." I whirled around to see Kankuro smirking. I gave him my best death glare before putting on a fake smile and turning back to a surprised Ino.

"Why yes I am..." I said through gritted teeth. Hey, I'll do whatever it takes to avoid this girl.

"You two? Are you serious?" Ino laughed a little and crossed her arms.

"She can't keep herself off me." Kankuro slung his arm around my shoulders and smirked bigger.

'What the hell is he doing?!'

"She had to beg me for dinner.  Only then did I say yes."  Kankuro's smirk seemed to grow as he looked down at me.

"Hm. Sure." Ino scoffed.  She obviously wasn't buying this. I can't blame her, who would belvieve I would ever hang out with Kankuro alone?

"It's true! I'm a witness!" I turned around again at the new voice.

"Really? You, too?" Ino stared at Temari, who had just joined this conversation.

I shot my death glare at Temari. She just winked at me.

'Ugh... Where's Gaara? He'd get me out of this...''