chapterr sixteen

*Go little recp thing!*

"Kit this is important."  I followed them curiously. 

"Gaara tell him to let me go!"  She turned around to look at me but I just shrugged.  What was I gonna do?

But suddenly Naruto whirled around when they reached the door.  He looked at me, then to Kitsune.  He closed his eyes and when he opened them they seemed a little damp with tears.

"Naruto... What's wrong?"  Kitsune looked at Naruto.  I could tell this wasn't going to be good.  Naruto's voice seemed a little shaky, but he looked Kitsune dead in the eye and told her what he came here for.

"Sasuke's gone."

*End little recap thing*

Kitsune's POV

"Sasuke's what?!"  I stared at my blonde friend.

"He left... Shikamaru came and got me. We're going to bring him back." His blue eyes seemed to quiver.

"I don't... Why would.. Huh?"  I looked down and then back up.

How could Sasuke be gone?  Where the hell would he go? More importantly.. Why the hell would he go?  Konohagakure's an amazing place full of caring people and skilled shinobi.  What does anyone or any other village have that Konoha doesn't?

"I'm sorry I just.. Had to tell you.  But you can't come."  Naruto put his hand on my shoulder.

"If I can;t go then why the hell would you drag me off the couch?!"  I glared at him.

"'Cause I had to tell ya!"  He said.  I looked back to the ground.  Was Sasuke really gone?

"Naruto come on!  We're already late!"  I heard a voice I recognized as Shikamaru's from outside.

"I gotta go... But as soon as I'm allowed to I'll be back!"  Naruto gave me a small smile.

"Naruto wait!"  I yelled just as he was about to charge out the open door. He turned his head towards me.

"Bring him back..."  I mumbled, looking at Naruto.  He gave me another smile and a thumbs up.

"Don't worry, I already promised Sakura I will, and I promise you, too!"  He gave me a thumbs up, and ran out the door to the others who waited outside.

I closed the door slowly. Then it hit me.

"DAMN IT!"  I yelled.  I saw Gaara out of the corner of my eye.  Sounds bad, but I forgot he was there.

"How the hell could he leave?!"  I stormed up the stairs and into the kitchen.  "He probably went to that pedophile Orochimaru!  I can't stand it!"  I grabbed a glass of water from the sink and took a sip and turned to face Gaara.

"Why would he do that?  If you were Sasuke, would you join a creepy snake-guy?!"  I stared at him.  I knew I was mad and I needed to calm down.  But seriously, that's pissing me off!

"No."  Gaara's turqoise eyes stared right back at my red ones.

"No one in their right mind would!  I've never been close to Sasuke, but I know him well enough to say he's making the wrong choice!"  I slammed the glass back onto the counter.

"He's always been so absorbed into Itachi and getting his stupid revenge!  It's blinded him and now he's gone and screwed everything up!" I stared at the floor.  How could he do this...?  Sakura must be crushed...