chapter twenty niine

*Go little recap thing!*

"Come on! You need to hurry up... We're leaving in a few days and you'll miss your chance!" I sighed, knowing she was right. Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro would be leaving.  And who knows how long it would be untl I saw them again?

'You'll miss your chance...'

Kankuro's POV

"Come on! You need to hurry up... We're leaving in a few days and you'll miss your chance!"

Gaara started back at me, his light eyes narrowed.

"Would you stop that?" 

"Not until you kiss her!" I pointed at him from where we were both sitting on the ground in my room.

See, my little brother like Kitsune. A lot. Temari and I are smart enough to see that, even if he doesn;t realize quite how much he likes her.

And that girl is head over heels for Gaara. 

Said boy looked away from me, glaring at the ground.

"You know you want to!  If you wait too long, you'll never see her again."

"You want me to kiss her and leave her?" Gaara looked back at me and I sweatdropped.

"N-No... I mean... Ugh." I groaned. "If you date her then she'll visit us! You guys can spend time together or somethin'." I could see my words were starting to have an affect on Gaara. He was listening to me. 

"And if I do, you'll leave me alone about it?"

"Well don't do it because we're bothering you! Do it 'cause you like her." I grinned.

We had a mini staring contest. My dark brown eyes against his pale green ones. And of course, I won! 

"Fine." Gaara sighed, looking to the side again.

*End recap*

I stared down at the ramen on the table. This was our breakfast, since we basically had nothing else left in the house to eat. Not that I cared, ramen was always my favorite food!  But as the five of us all sat around the table together, nobody really talked.

We were all thinking our own thoughts, lost in the daydreams of our imaginations. My thoughts were scattered and unorganized.  I was happy that Gaara and I were kind of getting somewhere (well... Kind of somewhere) , nervous about talking to Tsunade later, and scared. Scared because the Sand shinobi would be leaving in two days.  The air in the room was delicate, like the calm before a storm.

"Thanks." Kankuro mumbled slightly as Temari set his bowl in front of him. She smiled and sat next to me, and started eating. I ate, too, but within three minutes Kankuro and Kiba had already finished.

"Slow down, kitty-chan!" I laughed a little at Kankuro.  He stopped chewing for a second to look at me, one of his eyebrows raised. He tried to talk, but I couldn't understand anything he said through his full mouth. Temari frowned a little, reaching over the table and hitting him on the head.