chapter | 1

| mara's point of view

I was waiting at the bus stop, my earphones plugged in both of my ears, Troye's voice sounded heavenly and so was he. Taehyung appeared around the corner, walking with his hands in his pockets. He saw me and didn't even made an effort to smile yet he looked as perfect as ever. He's one of the pretty fuck boys at school and here I am, about to go on a date with him.

I pulled my earphones out and stood up, checking my wrist watch, "You're late."

Taehyung acted indifferent, "I know. Did it on purpose." He said before climbing up the bus.

The bus is almost empty since it's a Sunday. Everyone is in their houses, enjoying the company of their families or their friends because tomorrow they'll be returning to work again. I sighed and wished my family could be like that but that's impossible. Taehyung grabbed my wrist when I was about to take the seat across him, "You're my girlfriend so you sit here."

"Asking me to sit with you would've been nicer." I mumbled when I was seated beside him. I knew he heard me but he chose to ignore it. "Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere." He said and then looked out the window. Taehyung is really the definition of indifference. I thought he's one of the friendly fuck boys because when I met him, he had that nice but a troublemaker aura around him. But I guess first impressions could be wrong.

He's hopeless. What am I doing here with him? I could be relaxing in my bed right now. I took my earphones again and drowned myself in my music once again. It would be so much easier this way.

"You listen to him?"

"What?" I raised my voice, the volume was too loud for me to hear anything anyone is saying.

Taehyung took one of my earphones off, "I said you listen to Troye Sivan." He nodded towards my phone, the screen displayed the song I was listening to.

I glanced down at my playlist and back to him, "Yeah?"

"I like his music." He added nonchalantly.

"Wait, you listen to him too?" I asked, almost surprised. "I thought you only listened to trap music."

Taehyung laughed. I didn't think he could be so real but what if he was faking it? Maybe it's safe not to assume anything just yet.

*

For the very first pretend date, he took me to the least expected place; the dog pound.

Is this a joke? I asked myself when we stopped in front of the rusty gate of the dog pound. Taehyung confidently waltz inside the premises. He was so familiar with the whole place. He couldn't have visited this place more than once, or did he? Although it was possible, I still gave him the benefit of a doubt.

Anyone who'll take a single look at him would immediately know what kind of a person he is.
Taehyung was always late in class, a popular mischief maker, detention's number one student but on the slightly brighter side; unlike the others from his group, I never heard news of him getting a girl pregnant or picking a fight in clubs.

Yes, he did break a fair number of girls' hearts but that wasn't surprising to me anymore. With looks like that, he was born to break hearts.

Taehyung turned around and found me still grounded outside the gate, "What the hell are you still standing there for?"