chapter | 29

| mara's point of view

I trudged up the flight of stairs. Taking my time slowly, I dragged my limbs up. It's only been one year and six months but it felt like forever. I live away from home now ever since I started college. I'm beginning to appreciate the small things mom used to do, like how she talks really loudly in the morning like an alarm clock without a snooze button and having my breakfast ready on the table before I go to school. Although a dorm is not that bad, I share the house with four people who are basically strangers to me but it's all good. They treat me well. Two of them goes to the same university as me so I wasn't a total loner on the first day. It's actually a blessing in disguise.

The house was empty when I came in. They're probably all asleep since it was freaking midnight and I am utterly exhausted. All from having part time jobs after school. I plopped down on my bed, face flat on the pillow. My phone rang, I groaned when I saw Taehyung's name on the screen. This boy seriously has no stop button.

Taehyung also goes to the same university as me, along with Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok. Jungkook's been really bitter about being left behind and Jimin, well, he's probably the reason why Taehyung's blowing up my phone right now.

"Where are you?" Was Taehyung's pleasant greeting.

"Just got home." I rolled over the bed, my back against the sheets. "Why?

"I'm outside." He said, "Look out your window." I got up, walked over to my window and saw him there. Taehyung smiled, he raised the hand he used for holding his phone and waved at me before he returned the phone to his ear. "Let's go out. The guys are already out at the club."

"Tae, I just got off from my part time job. Let me sleep!" I went out the room so I wouldn't wake my roommate.

"But I need a date." He whined, "Everyone's bringing their girlfriends. I don't have a girlfriend so I'll be the odd one out if you don't come."

You sighed, "Jungkook doesn't have a girlfriend. You can be with each other for tonight."

"Mara please." Taehyung was begging now. "Come on, for old times sake? I'll treat you to something nice the next day."

"Okay. Let me see.." I walked up to my closet, scanning my wardrobe while I kept Taehyung on the line, phone between my ear and my shoulder. "Come inside and wait for me downstairs."

It took me an hour to prep up. When I was finally done, I started to fill my purse with the items I'd need: phone, wallet and some of my make up, then I closed the door to my room and made my way downstairs. Taehyung sat with his legs apart, he found himself something to read while waiting for me to finish up. He threw the book aside as he turned his head to my direction, a grin playing along his lips.

"Wow." Taehyung scanned my body from head to toe. "Did I tell you already how I like seeing you in heels?"

"Don't drool just yet." I smiled at him. By now, I've mastered the game they played. I sat myself across him to strap my heels up.

"Let me." Taehyung offered himself, kneeling in front of me like a real gentleman and when he was done, he looked up at me and said, "The only time a woman needs to bend over is when she's in bed with me."

"Yeah, that won't be necessary for me." You replied wittingly, standing up almost as tall as Taehyung. "Let's go?"

He smirked and followed after me towards the door, into the night of endless possibilities. It's not the first time I've gone out with him or any one of the guys but tonight was totally unplanned. I just hope that I can hold my liquor this time because I don't think my body could take much after a week of physical torture. I was literally living like a machine: eat, university, work, home, sleep.