chapter | 3

| mara's point of view

"Your hands are sweating." He leaned down slightly to whisper in my ear as we enter the school building hand in hand.

"I know." I whispered back nervously, seeing the looks on the faces of baffled students when we passed by their lockers. "They're looking at me. It's making me nervous."

"Ignore them." Taehyung spoke against my ear, his hand holding onto my waist, making me more uncomfortable. "They can only look at you 'cause they can't touch what's mine."

Taehyung led me through the crowd of students in the hallway. They were all talking about us; how I became his new accessory. I was a nobody in school before this happened. I like to think of myself as a wallflower. I'm comfortable in being one because I never liked being the focus of attention but I figured that by playing this game, I was putting myself out there.

We moved only a year ago and I haven't established any meaningful relationships since then. Everyone had their own circle of friends when I transferred schools here so I was the lone girl in class. I didn't give it much thought since I was used to it by now. We have often moved from town to town because of my mother's work. She was the head of the psychiatric unit in the previous hospital she worked in, everything was good for us but something happened. Something had to happen and it brought a huge change in my life. My dad filed a divorce and we had to leave the house. My mom asked to be re-assigned and after a number of custody hearings, my mom won me over. She brought me with her and we ended up here.

"I'm going in now." I told him as I let go of his hands. I wiped my sweaty hands on my skirt, "Sorry about my hands."

"That's okay." Taehyung replied. He tucked my hair behind my ear, his hand slipping past my neck down to my shirt's collar. He undid the first button of my blouse.

"What the hell are you doing?" I slapped his hand away and clutched onto my collar, hiding the skin that he revealed.

"You need to show something for us to be convincing. They'll never believe I'm dating a good girl." Taehyung flashed me a smirk before his hand returned to my collar, undoing the second button. Taehyung breathed in my neck, "Try being a bad girl for once."

"Stop messing around." I pushed him away and he laughed, catching me off guard when he stole a kiss on my cheek.

"See you at lunch, babe." He bit his lip and sent me a wink before he left.

I sighed, calming myself down as I walk to my seat. The whole class was talking behind my back but they pretended to be ignorants when they chose to keep their gossips into silent mode.

"Were you just holding hands with Kim Taehyung?" One of my classmates poked my back to ask me the most idiotic question ever. "So like are you together now?"

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

"Well that escalated quickly." She said, smiling at me, "No offense but I'm really curious.. How did you do it?"

I stared at her for a second, "Do what?"

"You know, get Taehyung to be your boyfriend." She whispered closely.

I told her to come closer. When she was close enough, I cupped her ear and told her my secret, "I was forced." I joked and she miraculously believed it.