chapter | 19

| mara's point of view

"I'm not falling for the same trick again if that's what you're thinking." I said before I start to march away.

"Where are you going?" Jimin yelled after me.

"I'm going back to the villa." I didn't look back and just continued o trudge through the thick, ankle high grass.

"You don't know the way back." He replied, "I'm your only chance of getting back."

I could see his little arrogant smirk in my head. Damn it. I stopped on my tracks, my eyes widened at the feeling of something under my foot. I let my gaze drop and saw a metal thing buried underneath the ground.

"Jimin?" I turned to face him, fear slowly painting my face.

"What?" He smiled, "You finally admit that you need me, babe?" He said before walking in my direction.

"Don't come near me!" I panicked, keeping my foot frozen as much as possible so I won't trigger it. "I-I think I stepped on a landmine."

He snorted, laughing hysterically by himself, "A landmine? Are you that desperate? Fine. I'll help you get back if that's what you want." He then took two steps towards me while still smiling to himself, "God you are really funny."

"No stop!" He froze. "I'm serious. I stepped on a landmine. Don't come close or we'll both explode."

"How can there be a land- Oh.." Jimin's smile disappeared, "I didn't think it was true."

"What is true?" I asked him as I swallow my tears, trying to hold them back.

His eyes met my watery ones, "They said this place used to be a guerilla camp of some sort."

"And you're only telling me that now?!" My heart was pounding inside my chest and blood rushing to my face. My eyes were beginning to get teary. "Why the hell am I going to die this way? I don't deserve this. I refuse to die here."

"Relax. You're not going to die, babe." Jimin walked up behind me and placed his hands on my waist. "Lift your foot up."

"Are you crazy!? We'll die!" I told him but he wasn't listening to me. Jimin pushed my foot hastily off the mine and replaced it with his. "What are you doing?"

"You said you didn't want to die. I can die for you." Jimin flashed me a smile. Is he fucking serious? I thought he was smart. "Just promise me one thing.. That if I survive this, you're going on a date with me for one whole day."

"No way!" I tried pushing his foot off the mine and placing my foot instead, "Move! I'm ready to die now."

"Do you mean that?" Jimin asked, wiping a tear from my cheek. "If you really meant it then why are you crying?"

"Fuck no! I'm not ready to die!" I slumped down on the ground, loosing the strength in my legs, "But I just can't let you die for me."

Jimin crouched down to my level, staring at my face, "So are you saying that you're going on a date with me?"

"Is that all you think about in that minute brain of yours?" I sent him a glare but he just laughed me off, "Okay, fine! I'll go on a date with you but it's not like we're going to survive this."

"You're too pessimistic." He stood up and lifted his foot away from the landmine. "Oh look, I didn't die. Looks like I got myself a date."