chapter | 10

| taehyung's point of view

Soo Jin emerged from her small room, being assisted by a nurse again, on their way to the visiting area where Taehyung was waiting for her. In her mind, she only had one name. Park Jimin, the only person who haven't given up on her but her eyes were immediately filled with warm tears as her eyes came to recognize Taehyung.

She ran to him, welcoming her childhood friend back, "Taehyung. I thought you already forgot about me? How come you and Jungkook never visit me?"

Taehyung felt nostalgic in her embrace. He patted her back gently, giving in to his longing for her, his long lost friend, "I'm sorry. How are you? Are they treating you nicely here?"

"I'm fine. I'm trying my best to get better. I'm slowly getting there." She pulled away and smiled. "How's Jungkook and Jimin?" Taehyung fell silent. "What's wrong?" She added. "Are they giving you a hard time again?"

"Yeah. They're always giving me a headache." Taehyung pulled a smile on. He wanted to give her peace but how can he?

Soo Jin smiled, "I miss being around you guys. I wish I could get our of here soon." She added. Her face lost its usual glow. Her smile didn't look the same. Jimin wanted to bring the old Soo Jin back but it's impossible to do without hurting innocent people. Without hurting Mara.

"Jimin promised to visit me today but he didn't. Is there something going on today?" Soo Jin stared right into my eyes. Can she tell about the lies I've said?

"Soo Jin, listen." I caught her attention and she turned around to faced me, "I'm about to do something bad... Please forgive me."

"What are you trying to say?" She asked, "Is something going on? Please tell me. You know I hate it when you guys keep secrets from me."

"Just promise me that you'll stay by Jimin's side until the end." I took her hand and only smiled at her. "No matter what he tells you, believe him. Promise me, Soo Jin, that you won't leave him."

"Are you planning on leaving?" Her face was painted with worry and confusion but as much as I wanted to, I can't tell her.

I've made up my mind. I'm going to protect the person I love. I shook my head no gently. "I'm just taking a slightly different path."

*

"Kim Taehyung!!"

A young Jimin crashed his new bike through our broken gate. A grin plastered on his face as he dusted himself off, "Why didn't you go to school today?"

I can see myself frowning in my dream as I sat on the steps in front of our old house, "My sister is sick. My mom told me to take care of her because we didn't have enough money to send her to the hospital."

"Oh." Jimin's smile faded. He took a seat beside me on the dirty concrete steps, "Are you okay? I can ask my dad to help you."

"No! You've done enough for us already." I refused his help. I would've accepted it if I knew that it was the only thing that could save my sister's life back then.

"Kim Taehyung!"

Jungkook parked his new car in front of our empty home. At the young age of 18, he earned his driving license, despite the fact that he was too young, he had connections through his father. Jimin sat in the front while Soo Jin sat in the back. He waved a hand over at me but I turned away from them to hide my black and blued face. I was ashamed of what my life has become.