chapter | 24

| mara's point of view

He drove the car without telling me where we were going. As usual, I am always getting dragged along against my will. There's only so little I could do. So with this realization, I heaved out a sigh and I looked at my clothes. Where does he expect me to go in these clothes?

Jungkook parked the car and turned to me. His eyes meeting my horribly depressing clothes before looking at my face. I could tell he's judging me by the way his lips slightly turned up at the corner, "First, let's get you out of those.. Uh, whatever you call it."

"Clothes." I corrected.

"Yeah. Clothes. Didn't I just say that?" Jungkook faced me with a blank face after removing his seatbelt.

"My closet is at home. I can change my clothes at home." I stubbornly stated. He's not going to make me walk in there.

"I kidnapped you. I'm not supposed to send you home. I'll pay for your clothes you just have to throw whatever you want in the shopping cart. Don't you girls love shopping?" Jungkook replied nonchalantly. "Besides, nobody's going to care about how you look. Their eyes would be on me for sure."

I swear my jaw dropped at his over confidence. It's a good thing that he knows he's good looking but it's another thing if he's too into it.

"You don't get it. I'm not walking in there to humiliate myself." I snapped at him, "And I know I'm not much to look at but you didn't have to rub it in my face."

"I didn't say that." He told me as he kept a straight face. Jungkook brought his hand up to tuck some of my hair that was hanging loosely beside my cheek. "I think you're pretty.." He cleared his throat immediately when he realized what he just said. "What I meant was, I think I have some clothes at the backseat. You can borrow them for now."

Jungkook stepped out of the car, giving some time and privacy to get my business done. The car's window was darkly tinted and there was enough space in the backseat to accommodate me when I change my clothes. I found the bag he was talking about and opened it; he had a couple of plain shirts inside and denim pants that I don't think would fit me. That leaves me with the sweatpants and Jungkook's black shirt.

I didn't dig deep through his bag and just wore one of his shirts quickly. Jungkook was waiting outside, leaning against the back of the car when I stepped out. "The shirt's a little too big for you but it'll do." He commented.

I followed him across the parking lot, doubling my strides to keep up with him, "Why do you keep a bag filled with clothes in your car?" I asked.

"In case, me and my father have a fight. I don't return home for weeks." Jungkook explained and then glanced down at me, a smirk painting his lips, "or in case, a girl I kidnapped refused to go anywhere in the clothes she slept in."

I frowned at him, "It's not funny."

"Taehyung's blowing up my phone." Jungkook said before irritatedly turning his phone off. He then took my wrist and leaned down to look straight into my eyes, "Nobody can know that you're with me. Understand?" The color of his eyes are so pretty. I gave him a nod and he smiled in return, slowly letting go of my hand. "Good."

Thank goodness there wasn't a lot of people in the mall and so far, I haven't seen a familiar face yet. Jungkook and I walked inside the department store, my eyes searching for something I could wear.

"See something you like?"

Jungkook approached me after twenty minutes of letting me wander around by myself but most of the time I was shooing away those annoying sales lady swooning over me every goddamn minute. I mean, I am an independent person! I can find stuff by myself.