chapter | 9

| mara's point of view

Taehyung and I broke up. Eventually. I wasn't satisfied with how we parted though. He just disappeared during the camp trip and when we got back to school. He was acting like he never knew me. What the hell is that?

I'm not expecting him to be best buds with me but just, you know, I deserve at least a friendly nod for all that I've done for him but there was none. No thank you, no sorry, no goodbye. No explanation at all.

Taehyung returned to how he normally was and recently he's been hanging around with Heather. He's probably busy fucking her too, no doubt about it. He is the sole reason why I'm so upset lately because I was left to clean up the mess he made and by mess, I'm talking about the rumors that I'm pregnant and Bethany's daily bitching. Yeah, she's been up on my back because Taehyung chose me over her but now that idiot is not even defending me. He just let the whole school talk trash about me. Maybe he got bored and realized I'm not that interesting so he left me hanging.

As the days passed, the news of Taehyung dumping me has cooled down a bit so the occasional stares in the hallway weren't that vicious anymore. They were tolerable, at least. I walked through the crowd of students, barely keeping my temper intact when I bumped into Bethany.

"Oh if it isn't Mara, where's your boyfriend now? Oh right! He dumped you. Poor baby." She laughed loudly.

Everybody knew she was looking for a fight but I'm not giving it to her because by the looks of her high heels and her manicured nails, she wouldn't last a minute with me. She's too afraid of breaking a nail.

I rolled my eyes at her and stepped to the side but she yanked my arm back, "I'm not done yet. Where do you think you're going?"

I pulled my arm back, her nails left marks on my skin, deep crescent ones, "I'm going far away from you cause I might catch your stupidity."

"I'm not stupid! You ugly bitch!" She shrieked, attracting a large crowd of students to gather around us.

"Look, I know you're not really stupid." I took my words back and she smiled proudly, thinking that I was going to apologize. "But why are you doing this? I know you have good grades and a really promising future. You can do so much more than chasing after a man who doesn't even give a single fuck about you."

"He does care about me. He said so." Bethany lifted her chin up, making me sigh. I was actually thinking of helping her but I don't think she wants my help. She'd rather be treated like a whore than a woman who deserves all the best. "You're just bitter. At least I wasn't dumped by my boyfriend. You know what you are Mara? You're an ambitious little bitch who thinks she can get whoever she likes!"

My ears were so used to these words now that I'm no longer making an effort to move a finger on my body. Bethany doesn't deserve that much effort. She's just proving that she's a lonely girl who has self esteem issues and probably daddy issues too.

"Are you done with my girlfriend?" A voice from the crowd said that got the whole crowd surprised, even me.

"Yes I'm done with your girlfrien— Wait what?!" Bethany turned around only to find Jungkook in the center of the parted crowd. "You and Mara are dating?"

Jungkook was by my side in an instant, he took my hand and held it, "What part of girlfriend did you not understand, Bethany?"

"Jungkook, are you sure you wanna date this girl? I think you need help with making life decisions for yourself." Bethany added with the hopes of getting Jungkook's sympathy.

Jungkook then turned to me. He gently held my chin up and studied my face. His eyes drinking me all in, "I don't see anything wrong with her."

"Ugh. People are really getting on my nerves today but whatever!" She waved her pretty manicured hands in the air, "Do whatever you like as long as you don't bother me and Taehyung."