chapter | 18

| mara's point of view

I managed to drag Taehyung away from everyone, digging my feet on the gravel because he was putting quite a fight.

"No freaking way!" Taehyung exclaimed, arms crossed, conveying a closed stance. "I'm not talking to him. Non!"

"Did you just say no in French?" I squinted my eyes at him.

He flashed me smirked, his ego building up at my recognition, "I dated a French girl once. She said I sound sexy when I speak French."

"You know that doesn't count as speaking French, right?" I quoted and unquoted with my fingers, "You barely spoke a word."

"It does count when I'm the one who says it." My back came against the wall. His hand landed hand beside my head while he traced s finger along my jaw and lifted my chin up. "Would you like to hear me talk dirty in French?"

"Don't change the subject." I took his wrist and sent it down to his side.

"I prefer this subject compared to talking about Jungkook." Taehyung's gaze dropped on my lips, lingering for a second before going back up to look at my face. He began to make a move, leaning down slowly.

"What do you think you're doing?" I raised an eyebrow at him, keeping my fist down and away from his pretty boy face, "Get off of me while I can still keep my shit together."

Taehyung pushed himself away, taking a step back and turning his back on me, "I told you I don't want to talk to him. Why do you keep insisting on it?"

"Because it's not his fault."

"It's not our fault too!" Taehyung said. He was being unreasonable. "He has gone too far with his pranks."

"I know you're still mad at him and that you don't want to see him but just do it for me. Please." I looked him in the eye, his eyes softened when he met mine and his shoulders dropped, releasing a deep sigh.

"Fine. I'll try."

I flashed him a small smile, "Just try to talk without fighting."

"I said I'll try. I didn't say I'll make up with him. Don't go raising your expectations." He glowered.

"I'm not asking you to make up with him. Just talk." I added. "Jungkook is one of your bestfriends. Will you be fine with ignoring each other? I know I don't have the right to tell you this. I don't know a thing about you guys but it's hard to see the two of you ignoring each other because of me."

"Whatever. I just don't want you to expect something and get disappointed in me. I've had enough disappointments in my life." Taehyung said before he turned away and left.

*

The boys went down to the public beach. They're probably having the time of their lives right now, the prime of their youth as they excite themselves with unlimited summer tanned bikini clad babes. Boys. I could imagine their ears clapping in excitement right now.

I went around the villa, just strolling around by myself. Being alone gave me more time to think of what I should do, where I stand in this mess. It was so hard not having a person to talk all this about to. I haven't seen nor called my bestfriend in ages. Maybe I'm already replaced. I can't even remember the last time i had a friend to talk to.