6.

We both climbed into Theo's car to go to the nearest grocery store.

His car was most likely an extremely expensive one. My ole clanker didn't compare to the heated leather seats and the advanced dash board that looked more like the controls of a spaceship.

"Nice car," I said as I buckled my seat belt.

"She sure is," He patted the steering wheel as if his car had just turned to a new puppy.

I chuckled at his weirdness as he pressed the start button. The engine roared to life with literally one touch.

Although my old 1996 Volkswagen could take a punch, I'd much rather have a car that didn't have the chance of breaking down on me every day.

I'd take Theo's car over mine any day.

We drove for about 15 minutes and finally arrived at our nearest Walmart.

Theo barely shut the car off before he was hopping out of the car and running like a little kid towards the automatic sliding doors of Wally World.

I barely caught up, and was out of breath. I should probably get more exercise than my daily walk to the fridge, but hey it'll be winter in a few months and I need the extra pudge to keep me warm during hibernation.

Theo grabbed a cart and started pushing it along to the unhealthiest sections of the store.

"Nothing like a good bowl of mac & cheese," Theo admits before chucking two boxes into the already enormous pile of food that was all about to overflow out the sides of cart.

"It's like you're trying to make us gain a bunch of weight." I refer to all the crap he's loaded the cart with.

"Nah. I'm just trying to bless you with all these delicacies," He said as he pointed to a premade sub sandwich. "Especially that."

"Yeah. Quite the delacacy you got there. I'm sure Julia Child would be raving for weeks." I sarcastically said with an eye roll.

His facial expressions looked confused. "Who's Julia Child?"

"Ugh. Nevermind. Do you have enough junk now? I'm ready to go home." I sighed.

"You're such a whiner," He rolled his eyes at me with a smirk. "But yeah. I guess we could go."

We walked to the registers and when we emptied the cart the conveyor belt was completely full. Linda, at least that's what her name tag said, let out a sigh as if preparing herself and started to scan all the items.

When she was done she announced the amount and before I could even think Theo whipped out a flashy credit card and gave it a swipe.

He just spent nearly $200 on junk food as if it was nothing. I couldn't do that even if I had all the money in the world.

My whole life my parents struggled for money. Both have been unemployed at least twice before. It wasn't always easy for them, but we always managed.

But living with them they taught me how to manage money, and the number one rule was around the lines of: "don't blow a bunch of money on things you don't actually need."

I'm happy they taught me that life lesson though. Lots of kids I see around just spend money on the stupidest and most unnecessary things, and I mentally cringe.