26.

"What if I go with you?"

The question takes me by surprise. Did he really want to go with all the way to Louisiana for Thanksgiving? I already know my relatives would badger the poor guy with tons upon tons of questions and he'd most likely consider removing his eardrums when he realizes how much my Aunt Terri talks about her cats.

But there's also the fact that I kind of want to go by myself for two very simple reasons.

1.) Like I said before, Theo and I could use some time apart. I mean we should use time apart, right? Could things get better by spending more time with him? Of course not, right?

2.) I really don't want Theo to come with me and find out all about my family. I know he told me all about his and it's only fair for him to be up to speed on mine, but truth is I'm embarrassed. Not of my family of course, but of my past actions that he'll definitely find out if he comes with me to my hometown. With what I did he'd probably never look at me the same...

"Mya? Hellooo? Ya in there?"

I instantly see Theo's hand being waved in front of my face trying to get my attention.

I'd been standing there staring off into space forever and probably looking like a completely crazy person.

"Ya? What?" I asked snapping back to reality.

"So yes or no?" He asked stepping a little closer to me.

I thought for a second. Why not just come up with reason for him not to go and then he'll eventually put  everything together and realize for himself that he can't possibly go. Now for what reasons??

"What about your family?" I asked looking up to him.

"Amaya. You know all about my family. The last place I want to be is with them. I'd much rather be with you." He smiled down to me and curled his index finger under my chin.

I grinned back and laid my head on his chest as we hugged. His idea of him accompanying me was growing on me...and I couldn't let that happen.

"What about football?" I question trying to get a spark.

"All football players have a couple of days off as long as we're back the day after Thanksgiving, get a little workout in, and are prepared for the game on Saturday after."

Fudge. I was running out of questions.

"What about-"

"Amaya. If you don't want me to go then just tell me. I won't be mad. I understand, but just tell me." He stated.

He looked confident in what he said, but his eyes told another story. The absolute last thing he wanted to do was stay here in this apartment by himself for the holiday you're supposed to spend with the people closest to you. The resistance against him going with me was breaking down within seconds. My mind was telling me to let him come with me and sadly my heart was agreeing.

"Fine you can come." I sighed.

"Yes! Let me go pack real quick." He bolted from my room to get his things together and that's when I remembered we'd completely forgot to talk about something...well someone extremely important.