21.

When I wake up, Theo's arm is wrapped around my waist in a steely lock. I can still hear his faint snores coming from behind me and already know he won't be waking up anytime soon.

I grab the pillow from under my head and quickly tuck it into Theo's broad arm in an attempt to make a substitute for my body and make a quick escape to the bathroom.

After last night and my questionable relationship with Theo, I already know I need some time outside of the apartment to clear my head. So I brush and floss my teeth quicker than I ever have before tip toeing to my room.

I manage to brush all my hair up into a quick and extremely messy pony before throwing on a hoodie representing our college and a pair of black sweatpants. I pair my outfit with my favorite pair of tennis shoes before grabbing Gracie's leash and making my way over to her.

With a click indicating the leash has hooked onto her collar, Gracie and I make our way quietly out the door.

We walk for about 15 peaceful minutes before we find ourselves at the park. I should've known when she began whimpering in an over excited tone that things could only get worse from there.

The little pup sneakily wiggled her way out of the collar before I even try to stop it and darted all the way across the park. She was bolting directly to a huge, desolate garden and I immediately knew what was about to occur.

Gracie dives into the mulch and drags her tummy across it. She turns onto her back and with a puppy grin swishes back and forth making pieces of dirt get lodged deeper and deeper into her fur.

I already knew this was going to be a disaster to bring back to the apartment and to clean, and if Theo found out, which he definitely would, I would never hear the end of it.

Might as well get Gracie and take her home and wash her before Theo wakes up.

When I make my way over to where my dog is sitting in the soil looking happy as ever I immediately realize the absolute mess that she has made out of the plants that had been imbedded into the mulch.

A little, white sign that is drive into the earth by the plants is what makes my eyes bulge out of their sockets.

"Trees Planted By: Sam's Environmental Group For Youngsters

These Little Trees Were Planted to Produce Oxygen For Our Environment

PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB!!!"

Oh no.

Oh God please no.

Not only did I let my dog ruin something for the environment, but I let my dog ruin something young children did for the environment.

I scramble Gracie's collar back on her neck and scolded her for her bad behavior before getting to work.

Immediately I try to pack the soil around the small plants roots once again and there's no effect. The plant falls out of it's old habitat and lays limp on the ground. I try again and again only to understand that there's nothing I can do to fix this. There's no going back now.

Upon my realization I knew I had two choices for further action.

1. Run to the apartment before anyone notices I ruined the trees that little children probably put their heart and soul into planting.