42.

Amaya's POV:

As soon as the money was thrown at his mother, Theo quickly picked up speed towards the door with my wrist tightly gripped in his hand. He didn't even bother to take one more glance at his parents before ripping the door wide open and practically sprinting to the elevator.

His grip didn't lighten up on my hand at all on our way out. It was actually beginning to get tighter and beginning to cause pain.

"Theo."

He kept walking.

"Theo. Stop!"

He ignored me.

"Theo, let go. You're starting to hurt me." I said as I tore my hand away from him.

He immediately halted and whipped his head towards me. His dark, anger-filled eyes went to my wrist which now had fresh red marks from where his long fingers had once laid.

His eyes softened and he stepped closer to take a closer look. He delicately plucked my hand up from my side and examined it. The slight crimson marks were already beginning to fade, but that didn't stop Theo's face from filling with guilt.

He dropped my arm back to my side and I watched as he leaned against the wall and his frustrated hands went to his hair. He slowly sank to the floor until he was sitting on the dirty cement.

"I'm so sorry, Amaya. I let my anger at my parents come before you." He refused to look at me and rather stared down the hall toward the room where his parents unfortunately still were.

"Theo. Really...it's okay. Don't worry about it."

"It's hard not to worry about it. What if I'm like this every time I see my parents. Then I'll be out of control. How will you even be able to deal with me?" He asked in a growl.

"I'll manage. You're not abusive, Theo. This was an accident, and I understand that. I forgive you." I try telling him but he still won't budge.

I sigh before squatting to sit beside him. I didn't care about the dirt that was probably covering my jeans in filth. All I cared about was Theo in this very moment.

"I love you, Theodore." I say lean on his shoulder.

He didn't respond.

I begin to look up at his hair and notice how messy it is from when he was upset.

Before I can even stop myself I lean over to fix his hair. I try to put it in its normal state rather than the one he had just unknowingly arranged.

As I'm putting in the finishing touches, I catch his eyes locked on my actions.

"What are you looking at? Can't have my little all-star looking like he just rolled outta bed." I laugh.

I watched as one side of his mouth tilted up towards the ceiling, as if he couldn't help it. But he forced it back down and I watched as he gently took my hands away from his hair and sat them back on my lap.

It hurt to have him distance himself from me like that, but I didn't show it.

"Come on, Theo. Let's just go home." I tell him getting up off the ground and extending a hand to help him up as well.

He looks at my hand as if it was the most peculiar thing on this planet and pushes himself off the floor without my assistance.